Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    I swept up some drippings from my Lee Drippy once, threw them back into the pot. Lo and behold, there was a live primer amongst the other silver things. It all missed me, but I had a lot more little drippings to sweep up and scrape off the ceiling. More power in a LR primer than what you'd think! Yea Matt, you're right, it isn't as harmful as they're making out. I read one greenie post that was talking about the oxides coming off wheelweights building up along the roadside. No it's the many years of tetraethyl lead that is along the roadside. Still, I knew a mechanic that washed his hands in leaded gasoline several times per day since the end of WWII. He only lived to be 82.
    The EPA and other Federal agencies and most State Governments continue to push the lie that lead is an evil material. In Illinois it is illegal to install lead wheel weights on any vehicle. A repair facility must buy the new steel wheel weights which has caused an increase in expense for the end user, the consumer.
    Lead is a natural occuring metal, in fact it's depleated uranium, but in the natural setting. Lead is our friend, used in hundreds of products, but has been misunderstood or should I say, "Americans have been hoodwinked" into believing lead is evil! Lead has saved many of lives, without it we could not of won WWII. I guess in the war case it's bad for the receiver of lead but good for the victors!
    Another thing that is surprising is the lead paint BS! Poor ghetto babies getting lead poisoning from eating paint chips or sucking on window sills or baseboards. This is simply the biggest conspiracy the government has pushed down our throats. An entire industry changing the composition of their product because little babies are sucking on paint. BS, they probably were sucking on the bullets their daddy keeps on the tables and floors of their subsidised housing.......
    Regardless of the game changers and government dummies, lead is our friend and if we don't start voicing our displeasure on government regulations, we are doomed to a world of total people control. We are presently almost there, but it's never too late to stop them.
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

If I remember correctly, water expands something like 1200 times when turning to steam. That is a lot of expansion! Lead in the evironment? Did you know that the lake bottom off Camp Perry has at least 8 feet of lead built up over the years and the EPA water tests couldn't detect any lead in the water. Congress declared the waters off Camp Perry to be a Nation Strategic Minerals Reserve to prevent the EPA from shutting down the ranges and forcing the Army to clean out the lead!

Our toothpaste used to come in tubes made of lead. Sometimes it would even color the toothpaste gray while being squeezed out. They haven't been discontinued all that long ago either.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Anthony View Post
    The EPA and other Federal agencies and most State Governments continue to push the lie that lead is an evil material. In Illinois it is illegal to install lead wheel weights on any vehicle. A repair facility must buy the new steel wheel weights which has caused an increase in expense for the end user, the consumer.
    Lead is a natural occuring metal, in fact it's depleated uranium, but in the natural setting. Lead is our friend, used in hundreds of products, but has been misunderstood or should I say, "Americans have been hoodwinked" into believing lead is evil! Lead has saved many of lives, without it we could not of won WWII. I guess in the war case it's bad for the receiver of lead but good for the victors!
    Another thing that is surprising is the lead paint BS! Poor ghetto babies getting lead poisoning from eating paint chips or sucking on window sills or baseboards. This is simply the biggest conspiracy the government has pushed down our throats. An entire industry changing the composition of their product because little babies are sucking on paint. BS, they probably were sucking on the bullets their daddy keeps on the tables and floors of their subsidised housing.......
    Regardless of the game changers and government dummies, lead is our friend and if we don't start voicing our displeasure on government regulations, we are doomed to a world of total people control. We are presently almost there, but it's never too late to stop them.
    Matt
    .Right on Matt.

5. Default

I swept up some drippings from my Lee Drippy once, threw them back into the pot. Lo and behold, there was a live primer amongst the other silver things. It all missed me, but I had a lot more little drippings to sweep up and scrape off the ceiling. More power in a LR primer than what you'd think! Yea Matt, you're right, it isn't as harmful as they're making out. I read one greenie post that was talking about the oxides coming off wheelweights building up along the roadside. No it's the many years of tetraethyl lead that is along the roadside. Still, I knew a mechanic that washed his hands in leaded gasoline several times per day since the end of WWII. He only lived to be 82.
    LOL, one of the better stories I've heard in a while, glad you were not hit. I've been playing around with leady stuff for a long time and have had a lot of potential exposure, including messy cleaning pistols shootiing lead bullets thousands of times, cleaning messy BP guns, handling lead bullets frequently, all with bare hands, and inhaling the vapors at indoor ranges over a long time, etc. I had a blood test once, no elevated lead levels at all.
    Last edited by Hefights; 04-06-2014 at 12:05.

Back in the early 60's when I was around 5, there was a family next door that had over 20 kids. With that many in the family, naturally they were poor. One day a couple of them that were a few years older than me called me between a couple of houses. They were eating paint chips off the side of house! "Try it", they said. "Tastes like potato chips". I did, and it wasn't my flavor. The now common potato chip was at that time a luxury item that they seldom got to partake of. Closest thing they probably got was the thin slices of fried taters that came with the daily beans. In time, one of those kids wound up with a plastic throat. Whether or not eating paint chips as a kid was the cause of that, I can't say.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    If I remember correctly, water expands something like 1200 times when turning to steam. That is a lot of expansion! Lead in the evironment? Did you know that the lake bottom off Camp Perry has at least 8 feet of lead built up over the years and the EPA water tests couldn't detect any lead in the water. Congress declared the waters off Camp Perry to be a Nation Strategic Minerals Reserve to prevent the EPA from shutting down the ranges and forcing the Army to clean out the lead!
    Is there an article one could search for that states that there is 8 ft. of lead at the bottom of the lake. That is incredible!
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

Hmm, missed the tidbit you quoted Matt, I had heard that the area behind the ranges is dredged from time to time. Where that would be dumped I don't know. Speaking of lead tidbits: https://archive.org/stream/NationalL...ge/n0/mode/2up In its elemental form it is poorly absorbed if ingested, it doesn't become a problem unless it's in an organic form, like the tetraethyl. Here's some more interesting tidbits: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=7&po=4 Says lead doesn't conduct electricity! Then how does the electricity from my battery get to the starter of my car? Also says both inorganic and organic forms were used in gasoline. Govt misinformation for you.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Still have a small brown burn spot on one leg from casting lead many years ago

Here's some more interesting tidbits: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=7&po=4 Says lead doesn't conduct electricity! Then how does the electricity from my battery get to the starter of my car?
    Funny, the line about conducting electricity immediately follows the word Solder.... Why is lead used as solder for electrical connections if it doesn't conduct? In fact, not only are automotive battery terminals made of lead, so are the plates inside! LOL Hogwash!!!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo