Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
I swept up some drippings from my Lee Drippy once, threw them back into the pot. Lo and behold, there was a live primer amongst the other silver things. It all missed me, but I had a lot more little drippings to sweep up and scrape off the ceiling. More power in a LR primer than what you'd think! Yea Matt, you're right, it isn't as harmful as they're making out. I read one greenie post that was talking about the oxides coming off wheelweights building up along the roadside. No it's the many years of tetraethyl lead that is along the roadside. Still, I knew a mechanic that washed his hands in leaded gasoline several times per day since the end of WWII. He only lived to be 82.
The EPA and other Federal agencies and most State Governments continue to push the lie that lead is an evil material. In Illinois it is illegal to install lead wheel weights on any vehicle. A repair facility must buy the new steel wheel weights which has caused an increase in expense for the end user, the consumer.
Lead is a natural occuring metal, in fact it's depleated uranium, but in the natural setting. Lead is our friend, used in hundreds of products, but has been misunderstood or should I say, "Americans have been hoodwinked" into believing lead is evil! Lead has saved many of lives, without it we could not of won WWII. I guess in the war case it's bad for the receiver of lead but good for the victors!
Another thing that is surprising is the lead paint BS! Poor ghetto babies getting lead poisoning from eating paint chips or sucking on window sills or baseboards. This is simply the biggest conspiracy the government has pushed down our throats. An entire industry changing the composition of their product because little babies are sucking on paint. BS, they probably were sucking on the bullets their daddy keeps on the tables and floors of their subsidised housing.......
Regardless of the game changers and government dummies, lead is our friend and if we don't start voicing our displeasure on government regulations, we are doomed to a world of total people control. We are presently almost there, but it's never too late to stop them.
Matt