Default No. 4 starter kit

How would you like to start your No. 4 with the above? This hunk came from an old shooting friend in Windsor, Ont., so it probably started life at Longbranch. Below is a somewhat abbreviated finished receiver for comparison.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's a start alright! I'm having flashbacks to highschool foundry&foundry finishing shops.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I sure wish those highschool classes had been available to me, JB. We had what was called an industrial arts class. A class that would teach you to crudely make a brass hammer with hand tools. The receiver below is one converted by Wellington Shooting Sports of Canada for building fullbore rifles. The basis of which was the C No. 7 with the charging bridge removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wylde View Post
    How would you like to start your No. 4 with the above? This hunk came from an old shooting friend in Windsor, Ont., so it probably started life at Longbranch. Below is a somewhat abbreviated finished receiver for comparison.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I think a couple of files and some emery cloth would make short work of that project!