Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Rem Rolling Block

I found a 1902 Remington that had been sporterized, caliber was 7x57mm with a bad bore.
    At the time Numrich was still selling heavy oct barrels in 45-70 which I bought and installed.
    Also found a nice buttstock too.

Also made a large tang rear sight and with windage. I shot mostly black powder with 500 gr bullets and when the bullets hit the small three inch steel plates at 100 yards, I marked the tang sight ladder

Nice project I bought one in 7mm a while back in 7mm Mauser that someone tapped the chamber and muzzle. Yes you read that right to this day I don't know why. They also ground down the hammer and breach block so they could get the tap into the muzzle I guess they didn't know how easy it is to take one apart I only paid $70.00 for it so I found another 7mm barrel on Gunbroker and bought an extractor. The barrel came up short of properly indexing a good thing I simply hand machined ( lots of file work for those who don't know) the shoulder a little at a time to get the proper fit and welded and reshaped the hammer and breach block. Not as nice as what you have done but shoots a 4 inch group to the point of aim at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by randy langford View Post
    Nice project I bought one in 7mm a while back in 7mm Mauser that someone tapped the chamber and muzzle. Yes you read that right to this day I don't know why. . . . .
    I'm thinking it was either ABOUT to be . . . or actually WAS . . . . made into a floor lamp! --Jim

Default Remington "South American" 43 cal

My father bought this from Hunter's Lodge in the mid 50's for around $8, bayonet was another dollar! Action was really rusted and bore was very poor, wood was rot and could not be salvaged. Good winter project ! I cut the barrel at ten inches then bored it out to 1/2 inside diameter, then installed a 22 rim fire barrel blank being turned down to fit the Rem barrel. Made a hard bushing for the rear. Also made the scope blocks and ground down the hammer and made a new extractor.

I squared-up the receiver removing the half dovetails and bent the lower tang. I really do not care for the Remington trigger and made a new trigger and sear - really nice trigger. Stock and fore-end made from a blank of Calf walnut that was a gift

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    I'm thinking it was either ABOUT to be . . . or actually WAS . . . . made into a floor lamp! --Jim
    That makes as much sense as anything I could come up with.