Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hi Chuck,

Great work. Thank you so much. Did you every post the RIA data?

Thanks

Curt

It didn't get a "sticky", but I did post the Rock Island info. http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...and-M1903-Data
    Thanks for your interest. Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Russell View Post
    Finis. Rock Island list to follow if anybody is interested. If you see one of your '03's on the list add to the description or make corrections. I tried to credit people who might have featured a rifle on this site. I hope this adventure has some value to at least a few of you die hard collectors.
    Attached Files Attached Files File Type: txt M1903 to sn 1,000,&#.txt (5.6 KB, 203 views)

Why can't I open this or any of the other files, Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 05-14-2017 at 06:06.

4. Default

Chuck, I want to thank you for posting your data. Many of us, including me, horde data that will be lost if something happens to us. I have considered posting all mine with no reservation as to use. After all, what good is data if people do not have access to it? I have the serial numbers of over 4,000 USMC rifles, many matched to names of Marines to whom they were issued. I am getting old, and my original goal has not been achieved, even after years of research. Maybe it is time to publish them so that some good comes of all the work.

Some time ago I agreed to find 1903 serial numbers from the battleship North Carolina, which is parked just down the road from my farm. After dozens of phone calls and many promises broken, I was never actually given permission to search their files, so I post these with no further comment.

Jim

USS North Carolina Inventory Sheet.jpgUSS North Carolina Serial Number List of 1903's Inventory Sheet.jpg
    Last edited by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle; 05-19-2017 at 07:35.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayg View Post
    Attached Files Attached Files File Type: txt M1903 to sn 1,000,&#.txt (5.6 KB, 203 views)

Why can't I open this or any of the other files, Ray
    Ray, Use Notebook to open them.

Jim

Thanks for posting the additional information. Any amount of data is greatly appreciated. I am aware of the amount of time it takes to gather and present this research. My information is for use by anybody, in particular, beginning collectors. I consider myself a slightly better informed, beginner. Also, getting older. Thanks, again.

7. Default

Chuck,

Just an FYI if you'd like to add the info. I currently own 1204961. I'm presuming that it was rebuilt as it has no markings other than the Springfield Armory's stamp. It was given to my father at his retirement as Commander of RIA in 1975. I don't believe he fired it post-retirement and it has been in my closet since his passing. I'd be happy to supply you with all the information that you have for most of the other 1903's, but you'd have to walk me through finding it.