Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default British .22RF Training Rifles

I just ordered and received a copy of "British .22RF Training Rifles" by Lewis & Washburn. I got it from Amazon as a used book, cost was $3.25 & $2.65 shipping. Very interesting book for those that like these training rifle. It is 64 pages and lots of photographs and information. Well worth getting and reading.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

While that's nice, "The Lee Enfield" by Ian Skennerton covers ALL of the rifles including the .22's

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    While that's nice, "The Lee Enfield" by Ian Skennerton covers ALL of the rifles including the .22's
    Thank you, John. However, I am only interested in the trainers.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Does that book cover some of the other British smallbores out there?

2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

daam jb, they're just junk, pure junk, hardly worth mentioning............. how do they shoot at 100yds & 200yds? They must surely be classified as surplus military asalt & apepper rifles in Illinois........... just to keep you from losing everything you have invested in 'em............. I'd be willing to give you maybe $20.00 for em, if you pay insured shipping of course.................(if you need to have the asalt & apepper terms explained to you............... I'm sure that Jesse senior, jr or de reverend al could explain it too you, if you hired them...............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Thank you Gimper. Good to know you're always watching out for me. Allow me to return the favor by informing you about your keyboard problem. Your decimal point always slides too far to the left. Perhaps a bit of canned air might help? Now...I know you're LIUNA, so I'll get one of my ol' UBC brothers to stop by your place and help you with that. If only to remind you which side of the can is 'up'.

Hey, did you hear the one about the twelve dumb concrete laborers who..... Never mind. I forgot.......you were there!

Just curious, how many folks have the .22 inserts to convert your 303 rifles and the extra .22 bolts? (Allows the rifles to use either cartridges)

Came close. Same kit Numrich was offering for a long while many years ago? While interesting the feedback wasn't exactly favorable and I took a pass. I suppose you have a collection of Morris tubes?

I did have a Nazi marked conversion made for the K98 though. Made by Erma. A self contained unit which was a scaled down barrelled action with scaled down bolt that slipped in from the breech end. Used a breeching nut against the receiver ring to snug it in. Took advantage of the factory trigger. That one wasn't bad for shooting.
    Came with a sportered rifle. A German collector talked me out of the conversion unit and the 8mm rifle became a donor action for a custom project. Still have the rifle.

*edit* Can't find a good pic of the Numrich version, but as I recall it had a muzzle nut? Just found a photo of the Erma via search engine.

Last edited by JB White; 03-09-2014 at 02:33.

I bought one of the Numrich .22 kits for my WW1 No.lll Enfield. It installed very easily and is fun to shoot. It is a single shot, no magazine. I did replace the steel nut for a brass one. I feel this will be easier on the crown. I have had no problems and it is an easy conversion.

Does anyone know if this kit can be made to fit the WW2 No. lV Enfield? I am not sure if the barrel length and .22 bolts are compatable. Regards, Johnny Lawson

The barrel length is the same in spite of the other differences. The boltheads do not interchange at all. The SMLE rides a rail on the outside while the No4 rides the inside.
    Last edited by JB White; 03-13-2014 at 11:33.