Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

As the owner of an L42A1 with CES and other British 7.62mm conversions, I believe that I am qualified to pass comment on this rifle. As shooters I believe that the L42s are grossly overpriced and are not even in the same class as their close relative, the Enfield Enforcer. As historic collector's pieces they probably have more value. But here again, most is probably based upon the current "Sniper Rifle Craze". This, like most fads, is likely to pass leaving recent owners with an over-priced second class rifle.
    Last edited by terrylee; 04-16-2017 at 12:13.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnny l. View Post
    fjruple - Thanks for the info. I am now looking for a Canadian No. 7 MKI .22 cal. bolt. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I shoot my converted SMLE out to 100 yds and am very pleased with its accuracy. Regards, Johnny Lawson
    Johnny -- If you are just looking for one to convert a No.4 MKI/MKI* or MK2 to .22LR. All you really need is the complete CNo.7 MKI bolt head. The normal .303 firing pin can be modified to work in the normal .303 bolt and depending on your machining skills you can modify the standard No.4 MKI bolt head and extractor to shoot .22LR. The only tools that you only need is access to a good drill press, a Dremel motor tool, a welder, and carbide drill bits and drill stock to make the .22LR firing pins. I have seen CNo.7 MKI bolts for sale on Ebay ocassionally.

Cheers

--fjruple
    Last edited by fjruple; 04-15-2017 at 04:39.

fjruple, Thank You for the info. I will be looking for this. The welding is the only issue for me. However, I am sure there is a good welder in Sierra Vista. Thanks again. Regards, Johnny Lawson

Hi, A lot has been said about the Brit .22s They did not always follow what has been written about the .22s. I have seen several No.2 mk4 made clear into the 1950s. I have a very little used No.2 mk4 , a 1918 which has a B.S.A. barrel it is marked 1955 rebuild. It is super accurate. magazine is filled with a block of soft wood. It is fun to watch people think it is going to have a loud report and it goes pop. Its a fine gun.