Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default R.I.P. Major Culver

Thanks for all the years you struggled to make sure this website never went away! Rest in Peace!
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

3. Default

Sorry to hear that. God Bless the 3rd generation Marine, Silver Star awardee, and co-founder of the Marine Sniper School. Thank you for your exemplary and highly patriotic service to our Nation. Thank you also for founding this outstanding Forum that serves the shooting sports so well.
    Last edited by Hefights; 03-07-2014 at 06:30.

+1 on all comments. I've learned so very much on this site that I could never thank the Major and Gloria properly. Thank you Major!

5. Default

None finer.

well said joem.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Haven't been on for a bit and come across this sad news.

RIP and thanks for your service and this web site.
    Certified Glock, SIG, Beretta, S&W, Rem870 Armourer.

Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.

Nice Try = You Suck spelled differently.

Oh no......been real busy and just found this. RIP Sir, you will be missed....

I started this post as a tribute on the forum for all to say a last goodbye to our friend and founder of CSP. I look at the number of hits on this post since March 7th, and wonder do the people who are reading the forum even know who the Major was? Do they even know what CSP means? Almost 7 thousand hits on the large bore shotgun post, but less than 10 on the Major!
    In my opinion this is simply pathetic! People can't even take a moment to thank him for what he has done. Now Gloria has to do it alone! This might take the wind from her sails and could be the demise of CSP. I really am surprized at people today, not just this instance, but overall the selfishness and "it's all about me" attitude. Nothing surprizes me anymore........
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

I wouldn't be too hard, just how many of the old guard are left? The Major and Glo have not been active on these pages for some years now.

Back in the day when I found this forum they were all over every post and what a delight it was, except of course if you crossed the line and Glo sent you to "Romper Room" LOL.

I have been posting and lurking this forum since 1998 when it was a single room forum. I learned so much and there was a rather small and tight knit crowd then but the knowledge was amazing and shared freely as it still is. I think many forums have members that cycle in and out depending on interest, there are not that many lifers.

I had the pleasure of meeting and spending an hour with Major Culver at Camp Perry the year he was able to borrow and display Dad Farr's M1903. Such good company he was.

The one thing that does stick in my craw a bit is no one talks much about "Culvers Magic Paste" that of course should be kept in a type writer ribbon tin, I see it commercially available now and there is no mention of the Major and even though he did not invent the paste he was the one who made all of us aware of it.

RIP Sir, see you at the firing line in the sky one day. :'(
    Last edited by Hip's Ax; 05-15-2014 at 09:34.