Thread: Ammo

Default Ammo

Reading the .22 Mag thread brings the thoughts of, remember when you couldn't find any .223/5.56, .45 acp, 9mm, 7.62X39 well you get the idea. Wasn't so long ago that people were complaining about not being able to get this or that at the gun stores or big box chain stores and now just about everything is there. More than you want and a little bit more money to, just like primers but most things it's pretty much as much as you want. Don't you think when the time is right .22 ammo will be there again and yes for more money than it used to be but pretty much as much as you want. New brass, some powders and some kinds of bullets seem to be what is hard to find around here. Someone living within 100 miles of me would have one hell of a time finding some new .300 win. Mag. brass of any brand, but that's just a example of whats tough to get "here" and might be in good supply where the .300 isn't so popular. When I look around I think to myself that I'm pretty darn lucky to be able to get what little I do get.
    BudT
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

I have never experienced a shortage of ammo. I reload and stocked up many years ago. Now finding time to shoot is the problem.

Locally, ammo of all calibers is available. Only Walmart does not have any 22lr except out the back door to 'special' customers. All the gun shops and pawn shops have anything I want. Since I too reload, all I need to buy is 22 rimfire.

Haven't seen .22 for sale in a coon's age. Occasionally, my LGS has a little, but it disappears real fast. I was told that the local Cabelas gets some in but people are waiting for it, every morning, and it is gone.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Haven't seen .22 for sale in a coon's age. Occasionally, my LGS has a little, but it disappears real fast. I was told that the local Cabelas gets some in but people are waiting for it, every morning, and it is gone.
    Pretty much the same here in the Mid-West.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Just went to Cabelas yesterday. NO .22, NO powder for reloading except some black powder. Some primers, almost no virgin brass. Non-.22 ammunition was in good supply but at high prices. boxes of 20 .223 (Federal) was "on sale" for $9.95 a 20-rd. box.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis