I just acquired a Rock Island 03 from a long time friend that decided to finally sell it to me.
the Serial # is 354744 and it has a 4/22 RIA dated barrel. it is in exceptional shape with very bright rifling. it has a no finger groove two bolt straight grip stock in excellent shape with NO cartouche or rebuild marks at all. it has a "5" about 2 inches down where the circle "P" should be. . the bolt is a NS. marked on the upper bolt handle ans the finish seems to be original to the gun as the patina all matches. a couple years ago while at the range we were shooting this rifle and he put it back in a rack behind us and it fell and seriously gouged the original trigger housing. while I was on deployment he went to a gun show and bought a replacement milled trigger housing that unfortunately had a pinned and "B" marked magazine floorplate. im not sure if he still has the original but he is looking for it. I would like to restore this gun to original Rock Island configuration. any guidance would be appreciated. I will load pictures in the next couple days.