Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ernie Guest

Default Krag tropical web sling. how to attach?

Hi
    I got a hopefully original Mills Krag tropical web sling. Can anyone tell me how this properly attaches to the rifle? Has hooks on each end and brass keepers. It reminds me of a Brit sling only longer and has keepers.

I have done google and forum searches and can find the sling but nothing telling me how to properly install it.

Thanks for any help.
    ERNIE

You have to pinch the webbing to force it into the hooks - NOT easy with a stiff one. Here is how I have it rigged on one of my rifles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ernie Guest

Thanks Dick, that is very helpful. On mine the hooks are more narrow than the web, is that normal?

Yes, they have to be a bit smaller so as to pass through the keepers - which can ALSO be quite frustrating. Plan your attack to make sure you don't have to waste effort undoing/redoing a wrong move. When installed, the webbing does not lay flat inside the hook, but remains crimped at the sides and pooched up in the center. Also, decide whether or not you want the sling to remain on the rifle, long term - this is not an easy on-off process.

I bought one of the reproductions of this sling. It obviously wasn't a good idea. Maybe I'll use it as a strap for something else.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

6. Default

Here is a fairly complete explanation for the trial web slings that I posted in the Mills equipment web site and invite your attention to:
    http://millswebbing.proboards.com/th...ck-rifle-strap

As you can see from the text the sling swivals were modified to accomodate the slings.

Were only the original 3900 slings/straps made then? They are not common. I was aware that they were supposedly interchangeable between more than one item.

Thank you Alibi for another source of useful information. John

Blog Entries

Madsenshooter, please read pm. Gray

I will when I get one!
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson