Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Rest In Peace Sir ,A fine AMERICAN That's You Sir!

Can anyone keep me advised of the Major's burial date at Arlington? I would be honored to attend. Semper Paratus

dougdouglasscpi@aol.com

3. Default

Time to play "Mansions Of The Lord".

Well done, sir.

4. Default

Doug (and others), I'll definitely be posting the Arlington information as soon as we have it. Also, please see the >> "Sad News" thread << for info about the local (Coeur d'Alene) service, which will be on Monday, March 10, at 2:00 pm.
    Last edited by Jefferson Adams; 03-05-2014 at 07:02.

5. Default R.I.P.

Sorry to read the news this morning. I had always hoped to meet MAJ Culver in person someday. I'll be thinking of him tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for your service and R.I.P.

6. Default

Once the burial arrangements are finalized at Arlington, it would be great to learn the burial site number and location, so that as we happen to be in Washington, DC we might have an opportunity to pay our respects to Major Culver at his resting site in Arlington. I know I am making more frequent visits to Arlington these days, as the final member of my Father's WWII 'Greatest Generation' pass on, and even friends from the Vietnam era and latter wars are passing along as well.

Hoping to visit DC in April, and with the cherry blossoms out and other trees blooming, Arlington is a beautiful spot for a quiet visit and a walk among the tombstones. You begin to have a sense of the magnitude of the sacrifices made to sustain our country, and the freedoms we enjoy (at least the ones which still remain today, anyway).

Prayers and good thoughts to Mrs. Culver, Major Culver's son, and all of their close friends and associates at this time.

Well, I guess we can't keep em around forever, just be glad we had him for a while. I know he is greatly missed.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Me to....please let me know wher the Major is in Arlington....I'm there often... dougdouglasscpi@aol.com

9. Default

Folks, the service will be at Arlington National Cemetery on Wednesday, May 28, at 3:00pm. It will be with full military honors, including caisson with horses and a band. You may have seen this in the other threads, but I thought I should put it here too.

More details as I know them, such as where, specifically, and other information.

I am an infrequent visitor to CSP these days, and it saddens me greatly to learn of Maj. Culver's passing. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but we knew some of the same people. He was also a brother Freemason, which he revealed to me some years back in one of our on-line conversations about one of the acquaintances we had in common, back in the days of the old CSP on the old server. As we say in the Craft, Maj. Culver "has laid down his Working Tools Of Life, and now resides with The Great Architect Of The Universe, in That House Not Made With Hands, eternal in the Heavens".
    Working in corrections can be good experience for a young person, if you know when to quit!