Default Valor 2.5 x 32 rifle scope ?

Anyone know what time frame these scopes were made it is made in Japan and were they any good ?

I tried to look it up in my "OLD GUNSIGHTS & RIFLESCOPES" by Stroebel. No luck, Is there any other name on it?
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

No other name on it and not much info on the internet seems to be well made though.

Judging from the printing on the boxes, type-styles used and such, I think they were made in the 60s and 70s. I have a 10x40 and the optics are pretty good, nice thin crosshair reticle. I remember going with a couple of my older uncles who were shopping for a scope in the late 60s and one uncle telling the other that the scope with silver ring on the occular bell, like this 10x was the one to get. I can't say for sure it was a Valor, but I think it was. I no longer have the box my 10x came in, I used it to ship another scope. According to a 1972 ad I found on E-bay, they were imported from Japan by Precise Import Corp of Suffern, NY. It is in Stroebel's book, no comment on the quality, guess you have to be the judge on that, but gives a value of $50-100 for the 2.5x which was made from 66-76. Good guesstimate on my part based on the printing on the boxes and a long ago memory. There were two models of the 2.5x, one wasn't image moving, you'd be able to see the crosshairs move when changing the zero on the scope, the other one produced later was image moving.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 03-02-2014 at 11:59.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the replies I plan on using this scope on a 1891 Mauser that I bought. It was already drilled and tapped and the bolt bent and it was cheap enough so no guilt. I will still have to cut the stock or buy one that is already cut and cut the barrel to sporter length. I will have about $125 in it when I get done. Goal is to build a vintage looking hunting rifle and a modern scope just wouldn't do.

Sounds like a good place for a very old Voigtlander scope I used to have. Only 2.5x and odd looking. It resembled the German grenade. The patents on the erector lenses were from 1894. I don't know exactly when it was made, but pre-WWI I'd guess. Optics made the Lyman Alaskan look like a child's toy.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

7. Default

I have a Valor 4X32 scope I bought new from kmart in 1978.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    I have a Valor 4X32 scope I bought new from kmart in 1978.
    What is your impression of it good bad or ugly ?

9. Default

About the same as a Weaver of that time period. Still works great for me. No wandering zero. Smooth quality machining.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves