Thread: k98 help

1. Default k98 help

Howdy y'all. I just recently purchased a k98 (DOT 1943). I need help trying to find some good links regarding k98s. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to Mausers and I could use some help being pointed in the right direction trying to find books, articles, etc that would show how me how to properly breakdown, inspect, lube, take care of, this gun. Thanks for the help and I look forward to the reply's!

There are a number of good books out there. You might try "Mauer Military Rifles of the World" by Robert Ball.

Or wait for a response from our resident book expert; 'Rick the Liabrarian'. He's really good at recommending books.
    Last edited by Dave in NGA; 02-19-2014 at 12:24.

Hi Dave. Great rifles! Several good websites. Try :
    http://www.k98kforum.com/

http://www.latewar.com/

As for books, Collector Grade Publications has two on the K98k, Backbone of the Wehrmacht, and BoW Sniper Variations. I would also recommend the books by Karem/Stevens. They are publishing a series and have released Kriegsmodell (late war) and Karabiner 98k, volume 1.
    Best,
    Keith
    Last edited by keith smart; 02-19-2014 at 04:23.

He seems to be looking for maintenance books, I know of none except basic magazine articles, etc, over the years. NRA and others have printed breakdown diagam and instruction soft cover books over the years, with most every known popular rifle & pistol discussed. Each gun will be 2-3 pages, enough to explain the gun. The NRA ones were taken from an old monthly series which used to run in the Riflfeman. They still print these, I think.
    Send me a PM and we can arrange for me to send you a copy of the Mauser.