Default Rock Island 1903 354744

I just acquired a Rock Island 03 from a long time friend that decided to finally sell it to me.
    the Serial # is 354744 and it has a 4/22 RIA dated barrel. it is in exceptional shape with very bright rifling. it has a no finger groove two bolt straight grip stock in excellent shape with NO cartouche or rebuild marks at all. it has a "5" about 2 inches down where the circle "P" should be. . the bolt is a NS. marked on the upper bolt handle ans the finish seems to be original to the gun as the patina all matches. a couple years ago while at the range we were shooting this rifle and he put it back in a rack behind us and it fell and seriously gouged the original trigger housing. while I was on deployment he went to a gun show and bought a replacement milled trigger housing that unfortunately had a pinned and "B" marked magazine floorplate. im not sure if he still has the original but he is looking for it. I would like to restore this gun to original Rock Island configuration. any guidance would be appreciated. I will load pictures in the next couple days.

The stock is a WWII and would need to be replaced.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Default Pictures of Rock Island 03

here are some pics of the Rock Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More Pics

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want to restore this rifle to original Rock Island Configuration. How difficult would acquiring the proper parts be?

Quote Originally Posted by harrisd27 View Post
    I want to restore this rifle to original Rock Island Configuration. How difficult would acquiring the proper parts be?
    To restore the rifle back to original Rock Island configuration, you would need virtually every part on the rifle, including the barrel. The rifle has been arsenal-overhauled, re-barreled, refinished, and re-assembled from mixed parts. While your intentions are admirable, you are best advised to keep and appreciate the rifle as is. And if you want a nice original Rock Island rifle, save your money, be patient, seek one that needs nothing, and pay the price. You will come out much further ahead.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

J.B.

OK John, thanks. If I were to sell this rifle as is... what is a good asking price? Im sure there is someone on here who would like to purchase it. it is a nice looking rifle... and the bore is very nice and its a very nice shooter... I wanted it to restore it.

I believe your rifle is worth in the $600-$800 range if it has a good bore.

Hope this helps.

J.B.
    Last edited by John Beard; 03-06-2014 at 11:03.

agree,, if the bore is good, shoot and enjoy...love the Rockislands
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.