Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Krag Charger

Gotcha Cecil!

I would be grateful for a couple of these, too. Especially from a fellow Michigander. Thank you.
    Last edited by 70ish; 02-28-2014 at 08:57.

Ok... Looks like I've got it all worked out. I will produce these chargers for whoever is seriously interested. As much as I would like to make them as gifts, this is not possible, so the price per charger will be $35.00 and this will include shipping. I can not guarantee a work of art... but I promise that every single one will function perfectly (each charger will tested with both 220 gr RN, and with 165 gr spitzers).

Please message me to work out the details.

Here's a picture of the mandrel I made to help form them:

This is the charger I made using the mandrel:

Reverse side:

Looking pretty good now. (There should be no need to solder the back flap. Just bending it tight was sufficient on those I've made.)

You are, however, making one serious mistake - putting far too low a value on your skill, labor, and initiative! Remember that folks with limited funds could always make their own, so you're basically providing a service for those who are not inclined to expend some effort and/or too affluent to care about cost. Back in 2006, I priced the prettiest ones at $45 to $55 and they sold out in short order. If I were producing more now, I wouldn't sell for less than $100 each - well, maybe $99.95.

5. Default

PM sent~

6. Default

I just completed a prototype charger of my own from aluminum sheeting. It is, to say the least, very crude and works most of the time. I'd like to iron out the kinks and make several from brass.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Looks very much like the charger for the Swiss K31
    The one I made is part K31 charger. Since I'd already cut myself a couple times, bending the .035 brass into the tabs like the one's pictured didn't seem too inviting, and thought the .035 might be a bit thick to strip past, so the fingers from a K31 charger got pop riveted into place. It's cruder than parashooter's design, but just as effective.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mannparks View Post
    Me too
    Mannparks, Please PM me.

9. Default

Please message me to work out the details.

Looks like your message stack is full. Please email me at
    c/a\bal+dwin at mindspring.com (without the trash) and let me know where to send the check.
    Cecil

Ok... for those of you trying to PM me, I cleaned out my message box so you can PM me now. Please give me an email address in your message so we can email freely, thanks.

CAB, I'll send you that email...