1. Default Identity of carbine mfg.?

I bought a stock years ago at a gun show, told it was a Std Products. It has an AAG rebuild stamp on the left side, unfortunately, the cartouche was sanded off. On the right side is the cross cannons still clearly visible. There is "HB" in the sling recess. The recoil plate is Inland with the fully threaded fillister screw. I think this screw was used on the rebuilds.
    Any thoughts?
    thanks,

Bob

Augusta Arsenel with a G code for inspector. Hillrich&Bradsby for the stock. is there an S- in front of the HB? That would be Standard Products.. The crossed cannons symbol on tight side is the cartouche. Where is the location of the sanded off item?

3. Default

AAG stamp is where cartouche would have been. N0 S in front of HB

Not often you will find the AA rebuild stamp on the right side of a stock. Normally found on the left side. The type 2 recoil plate screw is not a post war replacement. It was used by one carbine maker and that was Standard Products. In August 1943 SP received over 8500 recoil plates from Inland. The crossed cannons are the military acceptance stamp and should be on the right side of the stock. Is the crossed cannon stamp real large or small?

5. Default

AAG stamp IS on the left side exactly where the cartouche would have been. Cross cannon stamp is the small style. Good to know that Inland recoil plates were used on SP stocks. My only question remains for the HB only stamp in the sling recess, or were they S-HB only.

If the stock was made for Standard Products the stock would normally be stamp S-HB. But the only HB marked stocks made were for Standard Products so that along with the small crossed cannons acceptance stamp which is considered to be the cartouche then you have a SP stock. That fits with the recoil plate and the plate screw. No cartouches were stamped on any carbine stocks on the left side. All were done on the right side.

7. Default

Is the head of the Standard Products filister screw a smaller diameter than other carbine screws? I wonder because I have a Standard Products recoil plate on an Inland stock and the screw head is to big to recess into the Standard Products recoil plate when you try to tighten the screw.

8. Default

Under high magnification I can make out a small square about 3/8" or so on right side forward of the pistol grip. Cannot see any lettering. Satisfied stock is legit. Thanks for all the info from other members.