Default George lawrence Holster

I purchased a tub of old holsters at an estate sale and one of the holsters is a leather holster made by George Lawrence with a floral design on the front. It is a #28 656. I searched on the web but could not find what this holster is for. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    CC

I have a couple of George Lawrence holsters, and the numbers don't mean anything as to the pistol/revolver they fit.

I have some Lawrence holsters and belts I bought from them years ago.You ordered a style number and specified the gun it was for.The #28 is the holster style,656 is the size number.Here's an example-

http://www.vintagegunleather.com/sho...roducts_id=787

Older Stoeger's catalogs from the 60s-70s have the size charts.

Edit:A little searching and I come up with the 656 size code being for a Ruger Single Six w/ 5 1/2 inch barrel or similar sized handgun.
    Last edited by JBinIll; 02-17-2014 at 03:44.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Default Holsters

JBinIll,
    Thank you for the reply and link. I had found that link while trying to research the holster but I could not find anything definitive on what a 656 was for. Lots of close numbers and examples but not a 656, so I thought I would try the forum. I think it may be for a Ruger but I am not sure. I'll figure it out eventually. It was a good find as I mostly wanted the military holsters, several M7's, some modern euro, 1916's, etc for colt.. then a few western type like this and several modern Uncle mIke side kicks etc in varying sizes.. my BIL took those off my hands as well a heiser... and I kept the military. Basically whats in the pic is what's left and I'm keeping those. The Lawrence is in the lower right. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

There is a section on the Colt Forum for leather. If you post a picture there someone will identify it for you. One member is a real guru. I think he is turnrivver.
    Paul