Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Sad news indeed. We have had the honor of meeting The Major (Dick) and Gloria, spending some time with them, and hearing some of Dick's stories, told masterfully. We will keep the Culvers in our thoughts in this difficult time, especially Gloria.

Thanks to Jefferson for keeping us posted.

Brad & Jean Manau
    Last edited by Brad in Idaho; 02-14-2014 at 10:30.

Thoughts and prayers for the Culvers, many thanks for all you have done for us.

Jeff, +1 on what da Gimp said, the PO box would be a good way to go.

I've been privileged to meet and talk with the Major on a number of occasions.....up to and including him cutting grass on the Camp Perry Ranges so ORPA would have a semi-decent environment to shoot State Matches in! The last time was when he was at the Nationals with "Dad" Farr's rifle....a rare, "bucket list" treat for those idiots that try to shoot Long Range Service Rifle. Dick is one of those unsung jewels of the shooting community that if you are VERY lucky, happens once a generation or so. Dick and a handful of others did a great deal to not only save Highpower Competition shooting, but advanced it as a viable sport in the 21st Century. The entire CMP Games Matches are largely Dick's doing. I was one of the "Beta-testers" of the concept, shot the very first JCG Match later that year.....and was also one of those predicting a VERY short, highly acrimoniousness lifespan for the idea., and felt that Dick and the supporters were as visionary as they were terminally naive. It was Dick's unwavering optimism that put their stamp on the venue and made it the unqualified success it is...and I was never so happy to be so wrong in my life! It could have gone either way, and but for men like Dick, I'm fairly sure my cynical view would have prevailed, and the Games Matches would be nothing but a shooting footnote. And Dick rarely says a word about his involvement in developing the entire concept!

Our thought are with you at this time

My thoughts and prayers are with the Culvers.

Prayers sent up for the Major and Mrs. Culver.
    - Change it back -

Prayers and good wishes to The Culvers.

8. Default

Prayers said for The Culvers.

I think I'll send a card, as well as a prayer.

jn

10. Default

Just spoke with Gloria a few minutes ago and she wanted me to post for her that she appreciates all of the thoughts, prayers, and sympathy from all of the members on the board, it means so much to them during this time. She said that she still does not have internet service at the hospice center, but would post as soon as she is able to. Let us pray for peace and comfort.