Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

God Bless My prayers for Major Culver

Dick, Lad I hardly knew ye and now you are leaving for a special place God keeps for warriors of honor, may the wind be at your back and the road be gentle on your feet soldier. Tis time for you to rest. (Seagoatami) Carl Young CPO United States Navy veteran

Quote Originally Posted by seagoatami View Post
    Dick, Lad I hardly knew ye and now you are leaving for a special place God keeps for warriors of honor, may the wind be at your back and the road be gentle on your feet soldier. Tis time for you to rest. (Seagoatami) Carl Young CPO United States Navy veteran

Amen.
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

Sending comforting thoughts to the Major and Gloria from Tahoe.
    Gary and Karen

My prayers go out for the Major and to Gloria.
    " THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS, AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT." THOMAS JEFFERSON

6. Default

Wishing the Culver's only the best from Arizona.

A respectful salute to Major Culver as he passes through the doorway to his next great adventure. God bless both the Culvers.

8. Default A great Marine exits the Great Parade Ground of Life...

Mr. Adams,

Thank you for sharing the sad news about Major Culver. We all extend our thoughts and prayers to Mrs. Culver and to family and friends.

Another great Marine passes from the Great Parade Ground of Life, having lived out the values of 'Duty, Honor, and Country' with distinction.

Is there an address to where we can send cards and letters of support to Mrs. Culver? She will surely need that support in the days to come.

Hearing this beautiful hymn in my head today, since reading the news of Major Culver's declining health:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGoSWn1tHeo

There will no doubt be a sea of dress blues standing behind St. Peter when Major Culver reports for duty in the world above, to welcome him aboard.

May God Bless Major Culver and his family, and grant his family comfort in these last days.

9. Default

Just to let folks know, Gloria is kind of in transition right now and doesn't really have a mailing address at this point. That's likely to change, and I'll let you know when it does. She also has no internet access, so I'm passing your messages along, and she was very touched last night when I read her what had been posted so far over the phone.

The doctors told Gloria 2-4 weeks, but those of you who know Dick know that he's not going to go without a fight.

Again, I'll keep everybody posted as I hear anything. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure that the Major feels them.

I do not know the man, but sure sounds like he would be one to stand tall with. My respects to his name and his family, and wish them all wisdom, and peace in this time. It appears as if he was well read and liked and yes, he will go, but he will not go alone
    Regards IR Jones USMC retired