Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sad News about Major Dick Culver

Folks, I spoke to Gloria this afternoon, and I'm afraid the news isn't good.

As many of you know, Dick suffered a stroke and a pretty severe head injury in the process a few years ago, and it's looking like the end is just about here. Gloria asked me to sign on here to let you all know. Dick is in Hospice, and he isn't expected to live much longer than a couple more weeks (today is February 11, 2014).

Gloria is currently without internet service, but I'll check in periodically and keep everyone posted.

Your thoughts and your prayers are much appreciated - as I'm sure you can imagine, this is a VERY hard time for Gloria, and Dick hasn't really been all that much "at home" for quite a while. It's so sad to see such an amazing man, who did so much in his life, reduced by age and infirmity to where he is today.

Dick Culver graciously blessed many of us over the years with his presence, his cigars, his knowledge about both weaponry and freedom, and his contagious sense of humor. Losing him is going to be an incredible loss.

As I said, your thoughts and prayers are coveted, and I will do what I can to keep you all posted.

Jeff,please give Gloria my best regards and please tell her that ALL of us are pulling for Dick.

I would also appreciate her mailing address and phone number by PM if she is amenable.We talked many times when they were holed up at the HoJo in Sand Point.

Best regards,

John Robertson,
    Vancouver, British Columbia,
    CANADA.

To "The Major"
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thoughts and prayers to the Culvers. God bless... Mike

Mr. Adams,

Thank you for the information about the Major. I understand where Gloria ( and you ) are, as I have been there before. Be strong. While it is a sad time; just remember.....

We must all celebrate the great life one has had and all the contributions that person has made to society, and sometimes to us personally.

My prayers are included with everyones elses.

May GOD bless,

Emri

7. Default

Thoughts and Prayers from Richard and Camille (Melebug)

8. Default

Thoughts and prayers from Bill & Cricket. May God have mercy on the Major and take Gloria into his arms for solace We lost our eldest son to cancer two weeks ago and we know the misery she must be going through.

Profound and extreme regret to read this.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

10. Default

And the same profound and extreme regret to have posted it, Bruce, as you can imagine.

Damn.

Thanks for the replies, folks - I'll keep you updated. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot.