Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast

Words simply are not adequate...

I would like to extend my condolences to the Culver family.
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Blog Entries

Condolences to the Swede and the rest of the family. I sure hate to see him go and his wit is sorely missed. I like to think he is with all his old buddies now, including ones that have gone before him on this forum. I'll have to make up some of his famous hot buttered rum for a salute when I get home.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

Rest in Peace, Major! Our lives are richer for having known you.

Cass

I am so sorry to hear of Dick's passage.

His efforts at putting up these forums many years ago were such an incredible boost to the rifleman community and the efficient dissemination of knowledge among us. (And, of course, Gloria was the force that kept it all civil and on the right track.) All of us who have enjoyed and benefitted from this site owe him a great debt of gratitude.

Those of us who came to know of him through these forums have had the opportunity to learn much more of Dick's adventures and accomplishments than would have been possible otherwise, and we are all the richer for knowing of this American hero.

I got to meet Dick for all of five minutes a few years ago at Camp Perry. The memory of talking with him is what keeps flashing up in my mind when my thoughts return to having heard of his passing.

God speed, Dick, I am so glad to have known you.

6. Default

My first introduction to a carbine forum was on the Culver site.

It's a sad loss for Gloria and the military arms community. The Major will be missed by many.

Semper Fi to a decorated Marine.

- YouTube

Gloria and family ,
    it is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we learn of Major Culvers passing . I wish that I knew of something to say or do that would take away all of your grief and pain as I would do it in an instant .
    The thing that does come to mind are the words to a to a World War 2 song that was played when my father passed away ,
    We'll meet again
    Don't know where
    Don't know when
    But I know we'll meet again some sunny day !
    May God bless you and keep you .

Crystle and Shawn Grear

8. Default

I should have expected it, but our glorious Postal Service wouldn't allow me to add Gloria's name to my PO box without her being present with an ID.

Words fail me. Bureaucracies are truly the spawn of the devil.

I'm sorry, folks, I tried. And especially sorry for any that may have already sent cards or whatever - they said they'll be returned.

Sigh...

UPDATE: Gloria will be getting a PO Box later today, Wednesday 2/26!
    Last edited by Jefferson Adams; 02-26-2014 at 08:49.

All men have been created equal, but some stand a little taller. Dick Culver is one of those men.

My profoundest sympathies to Gloria and family, as well as the many here who might as well be considered family.

10. Default

Major Culver, Sir may God walk with you hand in hand as you take this last journey, and Gloria may God be by your side during this time. Simper Fi from Major Bill Hughes USAFR
    Last edited by goldwing; 02-25-2014 at 05:07.