Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've never had much luck with in removing broken shell casings with brushes inserted in the chamber (which is darned difficult to do in a Trapdoor), or pushed-through from the muzzle end. But I have had very good results with cerrosafe castings in the chamber, extending a short distance down the bore, and tapped-out with a rod from the muzzle. Just plug the bore ahead of the chamber (wadded-up paper, cardboard, etc.) and pour-in the melted cerrosafe (you can easily make an impromptu funnel from paper or aluminum foil), allow it to set for a minute or so, and use a stiff cleaning rod to drive it back out, bringing the broken case with it. Always works for me, though I don't recall having tried it on a possibly BP loaded shell (possibly one of copper) which had been in the chamber for decades.
    Good Luck!
    mhb - Mike
    Sancho! My armor!

These plumbers wirs brushes have a twisted wire handle which can be bent then forced the brush into the broken shell. The wire bristles will expand against the case. You'll need a plier to pull it out.