1. Default Enfield .410 shotgun

Just for fun...
    Attached Images Attached Images

For fun, I hit 18 out of 25 at my local range with mine and every guy there wanted one. And I am NO trap shooter.

3. Default

Do shells feed from the magazine or have to be single loaded? I am always on the lookout for things that make people go "Oooooo!" LOL

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybound View Post
    Do shells feed from the magazine or have to be single loaded? I am always on the lookout for things that make people go "Oooooo!" LOL
    It loads singly from the top. The Magazine well is filled with a wood block. I should have included a pic originally... you can click the thumbnails for a bigger view.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That just might be the very first one of those I've ever seen ........ congrats hand............. May I ask what they go for? Was it an arsenal conversion or by private gunsmith?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

It depends on which .410 you have.
    1. one that has had the chamber reamed by the dealer to .410 shotgun
    OR
    2. The original chambering that uses a un-necked .303 case
    That can be made from NEW .303 brass. I used 5gr of Unique, filling the rest of the case with cornmeal with a bit of tissue paper to keep things in place. Load the round, and keeping the rifle vertical, pull trigger. This will be as loud as a regular blank
    These were used by the Indian police for riot control
    There was also a version that used a round ball instead of shot, but the case was crimped around the ball (not practical without special dies)
    Last edited by John Sukey; 02-04-2014 at 10:47.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    It depends on which .410 you have.
    1. one that has had the chamber reamed by the dealer to .410 shotgun
    OR
    2. The original chambering that uses a un-necked .303 case
    That can be made from NEW .303 brass. I used 5gr of Unique, filling the rest of the case with cornmeal with a bit of tissue paper to keep things in place. Load the round, and keeping the rifle vertical, pull trigger. This will be as loud as a regular blank
    These wee us by the Indian police for riot control
    There was also a version that used a round ball instead of shot, but the case was crimped around the ball (not practical without special dies)
    Mine must have been one of those that were reamed out as it chambered and fired .410 shells. From what I've read, the Indian conversions are called ".410 muskets", but are not, as you said, .410 the way we think of it, as in .410 shotgun. Hence the mix-up occasionally. I could be wrong, but that's what I gleaned from Wikipedia. They are fun to shoot, especially with Russian Barnaul metal cased .410 slugs.
    Prices have climbed steadily for these from $75.00- $100.00, years ago, to at least twice that, and more for the nice looking ones. I don't know what an original chambered one would go for....

Picked up one a few years back at a gun show in great shape. Chambered in .410. Shot it just to see how it shoots. A hoot. Never tried clay birds with it. I can imagine it would gather a crowd at a public facility.

I bought one when they first arrived in country back in the late 80's. I even shot slugs thru them. I paid $125 for mine and it was a mint example.