Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelieveable

1. Default Unbelieveable

5 points to anyone who can find an original A4 part on this obvious POS. Check out the grinding on the receiver.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=388691781#PIC

jt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle; 01-25-2014 at 05:35.

just when i was getting worried about the world supply of suckers! I see they are still being born at the rate of one a minute.

werent the A4s marked A4?

what would be the purpose of grinding on the receiver to remark it Remington A3-03?

It was an 03-A3 receiver, and the markings had to be removed and relocated to make it an 03-A4. The 03-A4's were still marked 03-A3, but in marked down on the receiver so that the scope base wouldn't cover them.

I guess someone somewhere is thinking how lucky they were to get an 03-A4 for $3300.

Does it look like they ground the bolt in place with a carbide wheel and cut into the receiver? I believe that the trigger pin may be original... Jim

I'm sure the trigger pin has been faked also.....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    ...removed and relocated to make it an 03-A4. The 03-A4's were still marked 03-A3, but in marked down on the receiver so that the scope base wouldn't cover them...
    thats right. i remember now... thanks for stirring the memory...

8. Default

the receiver is real and maybe the bolt as well as the bands and the trigger housing stock is hard to say need better pics but it is suspect I would say a very poor restoration at best using fake parts.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny in Texas View Post
    the receiver is real and maybe the bolt as well as the bands and the trigger housing stock is hard to say need better pics but it is suspect I would say a very poor restoration at best using fake parts.
    I don't believe that receiver is an authenticate A4 receiver.

jt

Trigger guard and bayonet lug are both reproductions. Stock cartouches look fake or re-struck.

Not sure about the bolt. At a minimum it was bent up to an unnatural position. Based on the rest of the gun the bolt is probably a fake.

Maybe the stacking and lower bands are real? Will that get me the 5 points?