Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 870 mk1

1. Default

Just to clarify, I was talking about if there is a hole for a Bead Sight in the Adaptor Sleeve (under the Ramp Base) - not the Barrel.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtrpdw View Post
    Just to clarify, I was talking about if there is a hole for a Bead Sight in the Adaptor Sleeve (under the Ramp Base) - not the Barrel.
    Be very careful and remember that a Model 870 fitted with a bayonet adapter is not a Mark I. The Mark I guns were made by Remington under a 1969 USMC contract and there several features specific to the guns. Genuine Mark I shotguns are extremely rare "on the loose" but Model 870 shotguns fitted with bayonet adapters are fairly common. Some were fitted with the adapters under government auspieces. Most weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Canfield View Post
    Be very careful and remember that a Model 870 fitted with a bayonet adapter is not a Mark I. The Mark I guns were made by Remington under a 1969 USMC contract and there several features specific to the guns. Genuine Mark I shotguns are extremely rare "on the loose" but Model 870 shotguns fitted with bayonet adapters are fairly common. Some were fitted with the adapters under government auspieces. Most weren't.
    I used them on active duty. Have never seen the real deal outside a USMC Armory. I do have a USMC adapter, barrel and extension tube mounted on a 870 Express. I was a Combat Shotgun Instructor for the USMC Security Force Bn Pac. I found the adapter, barrel, and extension at a LA gunshow at the Fairgrounds there. The seller was a retired USMC Armorer, where he got it I have no idea. I was teaching at NS Long Beach and the Navy was using Mossberg 500's. I had my Express set up like a MK I. I used it to teach the Combat Shotgun Course. Still have it and will keep it, not many folks can say that they have a gun they used on active duty.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

4. Default

Well, I bought the gun. I'll post detailed photos when I receive it

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtrpdw View Post
    To reinforce what "scosgt" is cautioning, have a look at the attached 2013 auction listing where a fake USMC 870 sold for nearly $9,800.00!

http://www.cowansauctions.com/auctio...?ItemId=124256

And, I've been corresponding with a novice combat shotgun collector who recently got burned for $1,500.00 on a purported "870 Trench Gun" - the only part having any value being the Early/1st Type, One-Piece, Bayonet Adaptor Sleeve. Came with homemade heat shield. He "bought the story" that came with the pictures. See below.

What an idiot... Actually I think I know that guy..

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by colt thompson View Post
    Well, I bought the gun. I'll post detailed photos when I receive it
    Sell it to me... I'm going insane looking for parts. Anyone have any spare parts kicking around?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Sell it to me... I'm going insane looking for parts. Anyone have any spare parts kicking around?
    Watch Ebay, they show up there once in a while................
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster