Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hope you can make it Culpeper! I got back from the sandbox in August and am planning my first trip to Camp Perry this year. Hoping to shoot my 1898 Krag and 1903A3.

Lets plan to get a bunch of Krag shooters to squad together this year. The Springfield Rifle shooters need to witness a line of Krags in action!!!

3. Default

I'll be looking for the Krag Company HQ if I am on that side of the planet this summer.

That'd be the blue 89 Volvo SW in the Viale range parking lot. LOL! I take choice parking and keep it for the duration. Mag 63, you need to shoot a Garand too, they have a combined high score trophy for the Springfield/Garand/Vintage. I'd have to get my unlimited Garand back to "as issued" before then to be eligible, and get a Springfield. Maybe I could find a loaner Springfield. Dick?
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

So I take it we're all meeting at the Volvo this year??? LOL

But seriously, we'll all meet up and gang up on those pesky Mauser shooters! SAW comparison - Part II!

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    That'd be the blue 89 Volvo SW in the Viale range parking lot. LOL! I take choice parking and keep it for the duration. Mag 63, you need to shoot a Garand too, they have a combined high score trophy for the Springfield/Garand/Vintage. I'd have to get my unlimited Garand back to "as issued" before then to be eligible, and get a Springfield. Maybe I could find a loaner Springfield. Dick?
    I don't have a Garand, but would be willing to lend the 03-A3 if someone needed it for a match. It's a very nice 3-43 Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    So I take it we're all meeting at the Volvo this year??? LOL

But seriously, we'll all meet up and gang up on those pesky Mauser shooters! SAW comparison - Part II!
    Count me in! A line of Krag shooters to show the Springfield and Mauser boys "how it's done".

8. Default

4.2.4 Other As-Issued U. S. Military Rifles ...Other U. S. military rifles such as the Caliber .30-40 M1895 (lever action) and 6mm caliber M1895 Lee-Navy rifle may be used.

I read the rule book for the first time in a couple of years and by golly I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park. I can shoot either one of the Winchesters! I only have to find someone to rebarrel the lever action and I am in high clover.
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 02-04-2014 at 06:57.

LOL Tornado in a trailer park? You've been watching Cars!

It would be great to see an 1895 Lee Navy shooting! A '95 Winchester would be great to see too!

<am,

All this talk makes me want to go, too. Good luck, guys, sounds like a good time.

jn