1. Default h

/url]
    Last edited by mainsailantiques; 01-04-2015 at 02:27.

Do you want the button with the checkering that you depress OR the long lever inside the bayonet?

Springfield didn't mark the levers and nobody marked the buttons.

John R.

Quote Originally Posted by mainsailantiques View Post
    Taken from G Cunnighams Bayo Points P23
    The standard catch used in the M1905 bayonet did not have the widened area at the contact point with the bayonet stud. Early versions were stamped and finish milled, but most were of plain stamped construction with only the round section where the catch enters the scabbard catch finished.

...only the lever...I really like the look of the early milled lever
    If you are in a hurry I can't help you.I am laid up with a herniated/slipped disc and can't access the can with my bayonet bits and pieces.I DO have a few originals although it may be a RIA as they didn't mark them but they are easily distinguished from the WW2 ones which ARE maker marked. The lever and a sealed package of ten WW2 springs will set you back $25 shipped.

If you have any qualms feel free to ask the forum about John R. and M1 bayonets.I know what answers you will get as it got to be embarassing after a bit.
    Or you could just ask Gary as I sold him some very rare WW2 M1 bayonets and scabbards in the 1998-2002 time frame.

Cheers,

JR

Okay Ray,got your message !

Actually the catches look more like finish machined forgings to me.

SA & RIA didn't build bayonets during WW2 that I know of.UC made most of the catches for ALL the other makers after some point in WW2 so don't get narked if you find a UC catch living in a late AFH.

I'll be in touch.

John

5. Default

John R. please check your pm. Thanks.

Hey Bob:

Please drop me a note @ robertsonyvr@telus.net I detest PM's and don't notice them half the time.

If memory serves I have TWO or three SA/RIA catches anyway and there's only you and Ray wanting one.

The really "rare" ones are AFH and UFH in my experience, OL and PAL not so hard.WT are reasonably easy.At the outset in 1998 I had 660 M1 model ten inch bayonets and sold the last one in something like 2007.Gas Cylinders no problemo..ALL YOU WANT ! Just not right now.I have WW2 WRA & SA both narrow and wide base and numbered SA as well as sawcuts for shooters.I most likely even have numbered WRA's too in cases I haven't opened to date.It'll be a while on those. Must get mobile first!

Jeremy Cheek at Tarheel Ordnance has brand new Post War SA gas cylinders with stacking swivels,gas cylinder locks and screws and sells them in sets.He has front sights and screws too and is a Ret'd Marine S/Sgt as well as being a truly honest person. If you need a post war gas cylinder he's your go to guy.

Anyway,"Senior Management" is calling so I must dash.

Cheers,

JR
    Last edited by John R.; 01-17-2014 at 08:29.

Here are side by side photos of a UC bottom and the top is an original 1905 S A 1918 dated. its the same in my 1909 also.
    the SA may have been stamped but mine appears to be machined, also the one in my 1909 is a pain to remove because of the extra width on the catch.

S A top UC bottom
    Last edited by J_D_Shelby; 02-02-2014 at 05:32.