Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I seem to remember that the North American Arms guns had problems with their finish flaking off with time. Even the one kept under glass in a museum in Canada has this problem with it. But this one looks great. Thanks with sharing it with all of use as it's such a rare treat to see one.
    I agree. Its nice to see one in such great condition.

My SN 34 certainly has that "been there; done that" appearance; maybe 30 percent original finish remaining. As I understand it, many of the NAA's found their way into service with the RCMP.

John

2. Default

The pistol looks like a reblule (soft corners on the metal, new sheen to it) with grips that look recently made.

See: Cool Gun Site North American Arms 1911 photo entitled: "Slide stop and trigger"

I open the Cool Gun Site photo on Google, then open the comparable photo from this posting on Google Chrome, then click back and forth.
    Last edited by milgunsguy; 01-16-2014 at 10:59.

Looks original to me, with no evidence to my eyes of polishing/reblue...........but this is by far the best one of these I've ever seen.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

hsr Guest

One just sold today at auction for $31k and it was nowhere near as nice as yours
    Last edited by hsr; 01-11-2014 at 01:45. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gbethu View Post
    Very nice and way out of my price range. You're a lucky fellow.

I was at that auction….the gun was about 25% and poor finish. The buyer paid the 31K PLUS an 18 to 20 % commission to the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by milgunsguy View Post
    The pistol looks like a reblule (soft corners on the metal, new sheen to it) with grips that look recently made.
    Can you imagine Chuck Clawson using a refinished gun in his reference books ????? If so, you probably don't know Chuck

Default Which Clawson's book please...

Quote Originally Posted by gbethu View Post
    Fortunate to find this beauty. It was used in Clawson's big book as a reference for the North American model.
    I have a couple Clawsons...but sounds like one I don't have...Can you give details? Title, date, edition etc? 'Still learning here. Thanks Geoff in DE

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by glindes View Post
    I have a couple Clawsons...but sounds like one I don't have...Can you give details? Title, date, edition etc? 'Still learning here. Thanks Geoff in DE
    How about photos of those Clawson pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by glindes View Post
    Colt .45 Service Pistols, Models of 1911 and 1911A1 by Charles W. Clawson printed by Edwards Bros. , Ann Arbor, MI 48106. 429 pages