1. Default Mosin firing issue, bolt not cycling

My Mosin isnt cycling. I have tried two different bolts and neither cycles. When I pull the trigger nothing happens. I have the hole thing disassembled on a vise right now so I can see the workings and I cant see what the problem is. Its like nothing is catching the bolt. Any ideas?

Update.- Its not the bolts. I tried both of my bolts in my carbine and they both dry fire just fine. The rifle I am trying to fire does have a Timney Trigger. I have never heard of issues like this with a timney trigger.
    Last edited by Dragon 5 Actual; 01-01-2014 at 10:44.

Might depend on whom installed the trigger. I knew a man that tried to install a trigger in a rifle and every time he cycled the bolt the trigger pack fell out. Nobody would work on it for him.

3. Default

Really,why would no one work on it, Mosins aren't that hard to figure out especially that problem? The Timney Mosin trigger is pretty point and click, pull the old one out, slide in the Timney and push a couple pins in and it should be good to go. At least according to the instructions.(note that it has been awhile)

edit just made sure I was accurate, actually you have to screw in a screw into the frame but still pretty easy. When I pull the trigger the hammer(non technical term, its the release on the bolt) does move and it works fine in releasing the bolt from the chamber when I pull it out. Occassionally it will dry fire, one in a hundred times roughly and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens.

Edit2: Discovered a problem in the stock(bullpup stock) actually, somehow I managed to break a spring in the trigger mechanism. Manufacturer is sending me a new one Once I got the assembly broken down(its a lot of hex head screws on a very robust stock, CBRS Cossack stock http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html) I separated the trigger from the stock and it cycled just fine. So now I wait.
    Last edited by Dragon 5 Actual; 01-02-2014 at 06:06.

"Really,why would no one work on it".

Because after it was fixed he would take it apart again and seemed to loose one or more parts.

5. Default

Ahh. Shame on him then heheh.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon 5 Actual View Post
    Really,why would no one work on it, Mosins aren't that hard to figure out especially that problem? The Timney Mosin trigger is pretty point and click, pull the old one out, slide in the Timney and push a couple pins in and it should be good to go. At least according to the instructions.(note that it has been awhile)

edit just made sure I was accurate, actually you have to screw in a screw into the frame but still pretty easy. When I pull the trigger the hammer(non technical term, its the release on the bolt) does move and it works fine in releasing the bolt from the chamber when I pull it out. Occassionally it will dry fire, one in a hundred times roughly and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens.

Edit2: Discovered a problem in the stock(bullpup stock) actually, somehow I managed to break a spring in the trigger mechanism. Manufacturer is sending me a new one Once I got the assembly broken down(its a lot of hex head screws on a very robust stock, CBRS Cossack stock http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html) I separated the trigger from the stock and it cycled just fine. So now I wait.
    So you omitted telling us its a bull pup and the issues entail a truck load of variable. Lay it all out clear and clean so we may help in the future. Its good advice when you go to the doctors office for a issue, unless you want the wrong treatment.

Bull pup MN. Oooh... That's a lot of barrel to stuff into a briefcase.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.