Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

There is a ring with a thread that goes in the barrel and a bolt that goes through the handguard:::I will send pics...
    Last edited by papadura6969; 12-26-2013 at 06:00.

2. Default

this is how the barrel stays in place after the recoil.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Default

These are the weird markings under the barrel....
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Default

PAPADURA6969 what you have is what is known as a sporterized M1 carbine. Sporterized is a term that means to take a military rifle and remove extra weight and modify parts and finish to make it look more like a commercial hunting rifle. I use the term BUDDA-IZED meaning done in someone's garage. BUBBA-TYPE instead of proto-type is a one of a kind spoterized rifle done with questionable skill at gunsmithing. Since your carbine functions well I would leave it as is.
    Thanks for posting!

I have 3 IP carbines. Unfortunately one of them has been blued. It's hard to find guns that have survived so many years w/o some type of modification such as initials carved in the stock, SS numbers scribed into the metal, miss-matched parts from arsenal rebuilds, refinishing and in your case sporterized.

6. Default

Thanks to all of you for the usefull comments and advices that make gun enthusiast do it better and safer, now I now it is a fantastic gun made in America, I´ve been watching some reviews in youtube and it´s interesting how many gun experts prefer this rifle over others of higher power........Thanks again.
    Last edited by papadura6969; 12-26-2013 at 04:06.

7. Default

Thanks Johnny in Texas for that explanation.....I´ll keep in mind your professional advice.....

8. Default

No matter the configuration you have a nice USGI M1 Carbine made during WWII. While the monetary value was reduced by the modifications made, the sentimental value is I'm sure more than I could afford.
    Thanks for sharing!

What Country are in?
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 12-26-2013 at 05:26.

9. Default

you are right the sentimental value is a top and been part of the history makes this gun a keeper specially if it is part of the WWII and as an avid admirer of that war I will cherish it with pride of been a fine piece of American industry......

Born rise and live in El Salvador with pride and joy, but love the US, I lived there for a couple of years and it was an awesome experience, fine american people.

10. Default

This was a very enjoyable post , it was an honor to read it.

Bob