Default Short chambered Snider.

This rifle is in great shape but after buying cartridges for it I discovered the chamber was 1/8" too short. It turned out that this was not uncommon with these rifles but I wish someone had told me about it. I thought about trying to modify the rounds but gave that up. PGT makes a chambering reamer but I doubt it is useful unless the breach is removed. My latest thought is to sell the rounds I have, buy cases and trim them to work. Just sharing my latest project rifle, I have a Enfield #4 converted to 45-70 that won't eject a fired case and a #4 converted to 7.62 that delivers its bullets sideways at all ranges but with great accuracy. Still working on those.

I had a 71/84 Mauser that was the same way I reamed the chamber worked fine but you could do it either way.

Nate, It is possible that what you have is a very old seperated case still in the chamber of of that Snider.

Charles

I did use a bore scope to check out the chamber but really didn't physically feel for one. My first trapdoor had a broken case in it and I should have thought of that. Will take another look, thanks.