1. Default Need information on bayonet.

I have a bayonet that I need some info on. It is a 10 inch marked on the blade with PAL in a circle with a flaming bomb and 1943. On the handle backside it has the markings KM 10058. I think it was originally an 18 inch blade. Bayonet is overall in good shape and of course it fits my Smith Corona 1903-A3. The guy that sold it to me said the PAL was hard to find and of course was worth more. The scabbard is marked with the flaming bomb with U.S. inside the bomb. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thr PAL razor company made your bayo. They were bought out by Remington in 1943 I believe. Many (most) were field modified to 10 inch length. Either a "sheeps foot" or a pointed end shape we're both common. The scabbards were shorted as well. To bad yours is cut. It's worth about $125 but now I hear there selling them at one of the major supply houses for $65. If it wasn't cot down or sharpened it would easily bring ~$350 or so. Date And manufacturer of both uncut and cut bayos is pretty important.
    "Luck" is a losers definition for "success" Ron Swanson

Blog Entries

KM10058? I'd suspect a reproduction.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Could be greek stamp. Loads were sent back and had been greek stamped. Sarco has them for 65. I bought a few beak cut.

I have seen the KM with number stamp before, have not yet found the explanation for it. Best guess is that it was added by some other country post WW2 when we gave these to countries all around the world. I don't think Greece since they numbered on the guard, but not impossible.

If you could supply a good clear photo of the marking, I would appreciate it to be added to my files to be hopefully someday identified.

Gary Cunningham thebayonetman@gmail.com
    Gary Cunningham - Bayonetman

"KM" reminds me of Denmark.