Default stupid purchase but I can't help it....LOL

A friend of mine has what is probably the largest private collection of junk enfields in the U.S.

He asked me a while back if I wanted "some" receivers. I figured, WHY NOT, if they are cheap I can use them to salvage some swiss cheese sporters.

Well, "some" turned into 100 pretty quick with me stating very loudly and clearly I needed to pace myself. We settled on 50 and he said he'd do $10 a piece and leave "some parts" on a few.

He brought me 50 barreled receivers and about half a dozen with buttstocks as he said he got tired of taking the stocks off.

Let's just say it took more than a few minutes to figure out where to put 50 barreled receivers in the RV.....LOL

In the long run it is a great investment but man I aint not feelin smert rat now....LOL

I will have to sort them this week. Some had good shiny bores, some are deactivated DP trash but still worth $10 as a lamp base
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Sounds like it is time to get on the "net" and find the parts to complete these pieces.

Pictures or it didn't happen... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    Sounds like it is time to get on the "net" and find the parts to complete these pieces.
    Unfortunately that usually results in $400 invested in a $200 gun. But, there are lost of Savage receivers in there. I will sort them and if any are real valuble (unlikely) as built rifles, I will look for parts for them.

Really not sure what the best thing to do with them is but the price was right.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.