Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any interest in discussing/buy/sell/trading .50-70 and .45-70 FA of the 1870s/80s?

Have some duplicates, sealed boxes, etc., and, there are still a few such items I'd like to pick up. Is this mostly a shooter's forum, or do ammo collectors lurk here as well? Viewing the ammo album on my webpage www.picturetrail.com/sa4570af will show what I'm interested in. Thanks.

I'm looking for some single specimens of .50-70,no rarities,just some examples of the caliber.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

I may have some for sale or trade - what I'm really looking for is to enhance my box collection, particularly the final version of the Long Range box (which can be empty) from 1884, the one that is actually labeled "Model 1881".

I quit messing with boxes years ago after having an "accident" with what was an expensive hard to find shotshell 100 round box.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Dick, I have a round tin marked Frankford Arsenal filled with primers for reloading the 45-70.

So do I! Neat little piece - picked it up somewhere along the way, can't be too many of 'em left. Mine is 100% full, but the label isn't the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    So do I! Neat little piece - picked it up somewhere along the way, can't be too many of 'em left. Mine is 100% full, but the label isn't the greatest.
    This tin?

Yes, that's the one.

Hard tin to find with a pristine label.I've got three of them and that's the best of the lot.All of them are full.

Are you anywhere near Bureau County? The wife and I occasionally visit there (usually in June, and we are about due) in connection with the restoration of a pioneer cemetery. If so, maybe we could do lunch, or something?