Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default M1D with K-4 Weaver

Has anyone seen or have info on a M1D with 1 in.USGI mount with a K-4 Weaver scope? Thanks

Check the CMP Forum. I remember reading a number of threads over there about this...

3. Default

I have seen 3 of them in the box with documents showing they were shipped with the Weaver scope. I should have bought the first one I saw for 2000.00

4. Default

These rifles had Weaver K4-60B scopes and required a special 1" mount. A number of these rilfes were included in the M1D CMP lottery of the 1990's. The parts for this set up use to be available at kind of reasonable prices. I recall that the CMP was selling some of the scopes at the National Matches for something like $40 to $60 - M84 scopes were being sold at that time for $175 with the elevation and windage caps missing. You could buy the 1" mounts for around $125 - these mounts now sell for in the area of $650 or more and are very hard to find.

Where the AF sends me - California for now.

Default Weaver 60K M1D scope

Good Day,
    I was fortunate that years ago (more than 15) I struck a deal and came home with a complete Weaver set up. It originally was purchased as Port Clinton and I bought it for $250. The scope cover is also marked Weaver.
    Regards,
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default High Number Springfield M1-D with Weaver scope !

Years ago I was walking around a gun show and a fellow was selling a Springfeld Rebuilt M1-D rifle serial number range 591XXXX for real cheap like $1000.00 ! (with all the correct accessories except the shipping box) I asked the guy what was wrong with the rifle and looked closely at the receiver- Some local "GARAND" experts said it was a reweld and had a fake scope and mount on it; one of the "Experts" was a founding member of the GCA from the midwest !! I ran back to the table and bought the rifle for $900.00 cash !! Later on one of the "Garand Experts" came over to my table and cussed me out for buying the rifle out from under him ! So I asked him why he didn't buy it right off and he said "Well he had a deal with the guy for $750.00 if he had the rifle at the end of the show!" So I said to him "you snooze; you lose!" and asked him if cheating a person is the mode for a GCA Member?? So not to offend anyone here there were two serious problems here at least! Dishonesty by saying the rifle was a reweld and also that it had a fake scope and mount on it!! I still have the rifle and will post pictures of it if anyone wants to see them !

7. Default

Thanks to everyone! I recently picked one up at a gun show. I am going to try to get the Weaver scope approved for the CMP Sniper matches.

8. Default

1903rifleman, you should argue that since the K4 is CMP legal for a Swedish Mauser, which was never actually used, that it should be legal for an M1 where it was.

9. Default

Thanks Jim in Salt Lake. I did bring up the Swedish Mauser. But I did not know it was never used.

10. Default

1903 rifleman, Good luck getting that set up approved. It is most definitely a post 1953 configuration. It's a nice set up for sure but the odds are stacked against it ever being approved.