Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Finnish Model 1924 heavy SIG Neuhasen barrel

In 1923 Finland ordered some barrels for their M1891 rifles from SIG Neuhasen, later they order a heavy barrel also from SIG Neuhasen. These were known as the Model 1924 rifles.
    do not know how rare these are but a different variation. These rifles also have had work done to improve the trigger pull.

Later Finland order both heavy and standard barrels from Germany

Photos show the heavy barrel Model 1924
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    In 1923 Finland ordered some barrels for their M1891 rifles from SIG Neuhasen, later they order a heavy barrel also from SIG Neuhasen. These were known as the Model 1924 rifles.
    do not know how rare these are but a different variation. These rifles also have had work done to improve the trigger pull.

Later Finland order both heavy and standard barrels from Germany

Photos show the heavy barrel Model 1924
    thanks for input and great photos, they are kinda neat rifles and lot of history with them, but back to question, is the date on the barrel the date the finns redid the rifle, i have no idea when the original action was built, 227865 is the original serial number on the receiver, and it is rather crude looks like stamped individually one number at a time, not even at all, but the serial number on the barrel is perfect, and dated 1942. ?? Unfortunately been sick and not have had opportunity to fire the rifle, if it shoots as well as the barrel looks i will be a happy camper and might shoot it in the vintage matches. Too bad former father in law is gone he would be very interested in all of this with the last name of Siekinen, and he told me once that he had relatives that fought against Russia, he served in US navy all of WWII, with the Russians as an ally but Finland in dispute enough to go to war against Russia. Technically thinking enemy of my enemy is my friend concept that would put Finland as an sally of Germany and a paper enemy of US, which i know is not true but technically speaking?
    Last edited by pelago; 02-12-2014 at 04:53.

3. Default

My Finn collection.

I don't know if SIG used tighter standards back then, like they did for my K31 which has a .306 groove diameter, .294 bore diameter, but even US standard would be a lot better than the .316 groove diameter Russian Mosin I bought.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson