Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smith & Wesson model 29

[IMG][/IMG]I saw a S&W model 29 N frame .44 Magnum with a 10 inch barrel (factory). I am not familiar with this version, it is from an estate sale, price is firm at $700!

Excellent condition, few rounds through it.

Advise please!

Thanks.
    Here is some more info, barrel is 9 3/4 inches, not pinned, cylinder is not recessed. It is a Model 29-3, has Hogue grips which have a screw up through the bottom, overall great finish with one scratch on right side of barrel, action is tight and smooth, adjustable front sight. Serial number is A E Y 8569, or 8596 I am anorexic so sometimes get numbers reversed. I had been told that a Silhoutte model has a full lug barrel, this one does not. Also, I said price was $700. it is only $699.99!!! More pictures below this reply. Thanks for any advise!!
    Last edited by Jon Field; 11-25-2013 at 05:53. Reason: new info
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

is it pinned & recessed? Which model 29 is it? 29-2, 29-3, 29-4, 29-9 etc? I'm not familiar with a 10" length, could it be something else, say 8 3/8"? You haven't given us enough info to be of help, the serial number would be of help, as would photos.......... Does it retain the box, tools & papers? etc etc etc...........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

I'll get that info Monday, the barrel is definitely longer than the 8 3/8 inches, long front sight base. Nice looking gun.
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

There was one model called the "Silhouette" that had a 10 5/8" barrel. The front sight was adjustable, and is longer than the regular ramp front sight. If it still has the box and papers that is an excellent price.

For $700.00 I'd jump on that.

I wonder if it is considered collectible or worth having?

I believe there is too much do-do about collecting modern revolvers. It is a very good revolver, The ten inch barrel is akward for just woods carry, but if one used a hand gun for hunting, it would be ideal. It is well worth having and I feel it is a fair price. I would still try and haggle the price down if possible. If I had a need for another 44 mag I would also jump on it, but hell, I'm still trying to convince my wife that I really needed the .45 Colt Mountain Gun I picked up.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jon Field; 11-25-2013 at 05:51. Reason: pictures

Did you measure the barrel from the front of the frame or from the front of the cylinder? I think you do have a 10 3/8 inch barrel. I feel it's the Model 29 Silhouette with both front and rear adjustable sights in bright blue only. Came with Goncalo Alves wood grips. Blue book is $650 at 100%. If this is the model then it's less with the Hogue grips on it.

I only measured the barrel. Thanks for the info, their price is firm!