Smile SRS check on new acquisition

Just got an excellent condition 1884 Trapdoor and wonder if anyone would please check the records for me. Serial number is 441190. Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wayne; 11-21-2013 at 04:42.

Your in luck, yes it is listed in SRS data base.

Mr. Trevor:

Thank you very much for looking. I'm 69 years old, and this is the first time I've gotten a rifle with some type of written history. Can you please tell me the particulars and if it would be worth the costs of obtaining a letter from SRS?
    Again, many thanks for your kind help.

It would not be worth the money in this case and the time ivolved would be long. The rifle was in 1898 with co. B 10 th. Ohio volunteer infantry. An on line check of their history shows that they never left the U.S. for any overseas service. The complete unit roster is on-line but all a letter MIGHT tell you is the name of the soldier it was issued to. Glad to help.

Mr. Trevor:
    Thanks for your prompt reply. It would be neat to know who carried the rifle. Maybe I'll split with the $100. to SRS sometime in the Spring just for the satisfaction of being able to put a letter with the rifle.
    Again, many thanks for your assistance.

6. Default

I do not know what the heck you are trying to pull here. A fast one.

You need to put up some pictures. It is required now..
    Last edited by carbineone1964; 11-22-2013 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by carbineone1964 View Post
    I do not know what the heck you are trying to pull here. A fast one.

You need to put up some pictures. It is required now..
    I am not savvy enough to post pictures here, but, will gladly email them to you if you would like to see/post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    It would not be worth the money in this case and the time ivolved would be long. The rifle was in 1898 with co. B 10 th. Ohio volunteer infantry. An on line check of their history shows that they never left the U.S. for any overseas service. The complete unit roster is on-line but all a letter MIGHT tell you is the name of the soldier it was issued to. Glad to help.
    I just noticed that above the U.S. on the butt plate, there is a small capital "G". Could it be Company G instead of Company B? Interesting!
    Stranger than fiction.....my Grandfathers cousin was in Co K 10th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

wayne, despite what the newbie said, you are doing right fine sir......... you have violated no rules of any kind, & your politeness & civility is refreshing sir. Heck we'd all enjoy good pix of any fine old weapon & the more of them the better, they do help the experts to really see what you have too............... Check on back posts on this & other boards, about how to post pix, several of the guys have posted detailed instructions on posting them.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter