Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Everything you'd ever want to know about making your own BP, courtesy of a enthusiast Swiss musketeer http://www.musketeer.ch/blackpowder/bp_menu.html

Posted strictly for educational purposes. Ja ja, selbstverständlich!
    Last edited by Peconga; 12-16-2013 at 07:39.
    Cheers,
    Peconga in Boise, Idaho

I have messed with it some and have not perfected the recipe to where it would work good. There are some vidios on line that go through the procedure, that I have watched and they explain most of the operation. I have a supply of NOS3 or what ever it is(saltpeter) just in case things get tough and we can't get ammo down the road. I can always shoot BP. There are precautions you must take but there's nothing that says you can't give it a try.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to make their own black powder! It's dangerous and you don't know what the end product is, ie: fff 1, ff2, ff3. BP is available. Sure it cost more now, but, no worries about it's performance or safety. IMHO, only a wannabe terrorist would want to make their own BP.

4. Default

I doubt he is a wannabe terrorist, LOL

It is good to know how to do this kind of stuff. Heck in the old days lots of people made their own powder... They did it mostly out of necessity, but there is nothing wrong with replicating what our ancestors did. It is kinda a homage to them I think..Heck go hide in a corner if you are all that afraid that Danger may be lurking everywhere..GEEEZ

Major Tom your comments kinda frighten me. Somewhat sounds like stuff the Liberals say. Like who needs an Evil "Assault" AR15 anyway. Only bad guys in their opinion I guess. You are from Iowa, so that may explain your thinking or lack of..

"I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    US Patent No: 4,497,676 "Gunpowder substituted composition and method"
    Granted: 02/04/1985
    Inventor: Earl F. Kurtz, Las Vegas NV
    Abstract: A gunpowder substitute which is capable of also being molded into a consumable cartridge or cartridge case comprising between 50% to 75% by weight of an inorganic nitrate and between 25% to 50% by weight of an organic acid including ascorbic acid, erythorbic acid and mixtures thereof.

No idea if it works, but it sounds like fun.

Last edited by Peconga; 02-12-2014 at 09:54.
    Cheers,
    Peconga in Boise, Idaho

[QUOTE=carbineone1964

Major Tom your comments kinda frighten me. Somewhat sounds like stuff the Liberals say. Like who needs an Evil "Assault" AR15 anyway. Only bad guys in their opinion I guess. You are from Iowa, so that may explain your thinking or lack of..[/QUOTE]

carbineone: your disgusting slam of Major Tom is appropriate of someone who thinks he knows-it-all, snobby and just plain immature.
    Due to ammo shortages, no warning shot will be fired

8. Default

First I will mention this just to give you a idea why I think the way I do of Toms comments and why you are a idiot for defending his comments..The NMLRA actually has a seminar during their Muzzleloader events that actually teaches you how to make Black Powder. Stupid comments like Toms hurt us all when they are publicly spewed....I am sure they are not the only Muzzle loading association that has done this type of thing either..

I guess all those Muzzleloading Freedom loving members of the NMLRA are Terrorists, HUH Tom..And surely Broom Jock agrees with your thinking as he is defending the un-defendable terrorists comments of yours..

You have the right to say what you say about me,I have the right to say what I think..You have the right to wrongfully defend Toms stupid terrorists comments..

We do not need more people like good old Tom. Telling us what we should not or cannot do. We have enough of those types around..

People who make their own Black Powder. Which is a fairly large crowd... Are the ones offended by his stupid disgusting terrorist comments. Alot of people do it just for the Historical aspect of doing it. Alot of people have to because it is getting harder and harder to find and very expensive.

That comment insinuating that those who want to make Black Powder are terrorists, is right out of the Leftist liberal antis playbook and is very offending....

And yes I do know it all if that makes you feel any better or hopefully worse for that matter I have been around long enough to know it all also..

I am not "slamming" Tom. He made a ass of himself all on his own with his comments.. I am defending my rights and my freedom to do something if I choose to, against someone who happened to make an Idiotic terrorist comment about a group of people who are obviously not terrorists...

There is so much ignorance about subjects that come up on the Internet, that it is good there are some people who will repute the ignorance of those comments when they arise..To insinuate a group of Law abiding people are terrorists because they like to make Black Powder, is obviously one of those times that needs defending..

Toms comments and others like his cannot go unchallenged..

Now Go Away...PLEASE
    Last edited by carbineone1964; 02-16-2014 at 03:38.

You calling Major Tom an "ass"! And that makes you 'What'? Major Tom has been thru more than you ever would want to do. He absolutely was not calling BP makers "terrorists", He has spilled more powder both BP and smokeless than you will ever load. He is not against making your own BP, just trying to warn of the dangers. Nuff said and nuff name calling!!
    Due to ammo shortages, no warning shot will be fired

10. Default

Here is his exact quote if you cannot read. What do you take away from that comment... WOW

" IMHO, only a wannabe terrorist would want to make their own BP. "

I and others that make it cannot construe it as anything else, clearly he called us "wannabe terrorists"..Geeez What the heck do you not understand there...You think that statement is less offensive because he used the word "wannabe"..Well it is not..

Making BP is perfectly safe if you take the time to obtain the knowledge to do so, and have atleast a half a brain to use why doing it..

Tom is likely sorry and embarrassed he made the comment. But the fact is he did and he cannot take it back now. Maybe he wishes he could..Maybe not. But that is up to him to defend his comments.. NOT YOU

I welcome Tom to clarify his comments if he can. You have no further need to reply...

And what makes you think Tom has spilled more BP than I have ever used...That is a fact that I cannot verify, so I guess I will have to concede that stupid statement from you too. Maybe he has, maybe he has not. Heck maybe I am clumsier and I have spilled more than he has ever shot or loaded..You are funny that is for sure.. But I would think if he is that involved in BP shooting, he would know not just "wannabe terrorists" make BP.....You are something else..

Also I never called Tom a name at all in my original post. He never even replied back to me....You however called me snobby, immature. You in fact took the low road first and got the name calling started in this thread, not I.

I said he was thinking like a Liberal. That is not name calling, that is a a reference to the way someones thinking on issue is..

I am going to post his comment on a large forum and get a vote on as to if that is a offensive comment or not and will link you to it...Thanks
    Last edited by carbineone1964; 02-17-2014 at 02:54.