1. Default Shotgun ammo belt

I have a shotgun belt acquired from my Grandfather that holds 24 shotgun shells in a web belt. No markings that I can find on the webbing. Webbing looks GI with the hooks and clasp. Dyed typical USGI green. Hooks and clasp are "blackend" possiblly blued . The belt seems to be canvas with cotton "slings" for the shells. There is also a leather "strap" attached to the belt on the long side (waist wide) to strap across the shellls and holld them off the body of the belt.Can any of of you folks ID this piece, albeit without a pic ,for me please just from the description. Much Appreciated.

Raggs

Quote Originally Posted by raggs View Post
    Can any of of you folks ID this piece, albeit without a pic ,for me please just from the description.

Raggs
    Probably not military but civilian.There are military issue belts for flare gun cartridges and artillery primers that look like shotshell belts.Without pictures it's impossible to tell.Surplus dealers repurposed many web items into something else that later on down the road people mistakenly thought were GI issue.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

3. Default

Some of the stuff is made in the field. I have a British '37 Patter belt with loops kind of rivet with these brass thingys.

I've never seen a government issued shotgun shell belt,pouches yes,belts no.There are many fakes out there,post-war mods of belts by surplus dealers,commercial Mills belts and many others purported to be GI issue with no real proof as such.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

There was a Mills belt made for 20 ga. to go with the Trapdoor Forager shotgun in the 1890's. Generally a khaki color.