Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMP Vintage Match in mid July next year.

Hybrid View

Default CMP Vintage Match in mid July next year.

Lots of changes to the National Match schedule for next year. For me looks like a day with the Garand and the Krag, next day with my Swiss K31 if I can afford that many entry fees. Y'all plan to be there! http://www.thecmp.org/nm/2014nmcalendar.pdf
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Am I unhappy about 2014-2015 National Matches dates?? Yes I am. It will cost me MORE money and MORE time to attend in 14/15. Only by the skin of my wallet did I go to Perry this year-13. It looks like the NRA people did whatever they did to accommodate the Palma Teams (why I do not know) and throw the rest of us under the bus. The smallbore Nationals have been moved West about 2-3 hours more beyond Perry. I see no need to cause several THOUSAND people to change their plans which adds to the expense of time/money for the convenience of several hundred people. My first year at Perry was 1995 and I have gone back each year since for National Trophy rifle and CMP games. I hope to also start attending National Trophy pistol if I can make that happen. I hate getting pushed around especially when there is no explanation forth coming from the "powers that be". Reminds me of the M14NM turn in years ago; no official explanation, just turn them in. I smelled a rat but could do nothing but comply. NH had 18 M14NM's at one time. Wow, did they shoot!! George in NH

Quote Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
    Am I unhappy about 2014-2015 National Matches dates?? Yes I am. It will cost me MORE money and MORE time to attend in 14/15. Only by the skin of my wallet did I go to Perry this year-13. It looks like the NRA people did whatever they did to accommodate the Palma Teams (why I do not know) and throw the rest of us under the bus. The smallbore Nationals have been moved West about 2-3 hours more beyond Perry. I see no need to cause several THOUSAND people to change their plans which adds to the expense of time/money for the convenience of several hundred people. My first year at Perry was 1995 and I have gone back each year since for National Trophy rifle and CMP games. I hope to also start attending National Trophy pistol if I can make that happen. I hate getting pushed around especially when there is no explanation forth coming from the "powers that be". Reminds me of the M14NM turn in years ago; no official explanation, just turn them in. I smelled a rat but could do nothing but comply. NH had 18 M14NM's at one time. Wow, did they shoot!! George in NH
    i agree with you 1000%. i will be taking up to 5 juniors down for SAFS. thats on a tuesday, wednesday and thursday. i will be requiring their parents come down too because i dont have enough coaches or other support personnel to help herd them around. then i had originally planned on having them shoot in the P100 and NTI. those matches are the next tuesday and wednesday...

lets add up those days. 3 days the first week and an additional 3 days the next week. while its not an apple to apple comparison but i usually would go down sunday night and come home tuesday after the NTI. not sure how im going to sell this to the parents. especially if they take their kids to the smallbore matches as well...

Well, I will definitely be there!!! Krag and Garand right along with you Bob. Maybe I'll shoot the Arisaka with you also when you shoot your K31.

Krag and 03 and maybe a carbine next year for me.
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

6. Default

Krag and 1861 Springfield for me. (You should see me in the rapid fire stages! )

Gnoahhh, I would love to see that!

Mark, we should all try to squad near each other next year!

Lt Dave, that really stinks. Maybe some of us Krag shooters can lend a hand if there is extra time available. I would certainly volunteer to help where I could!

Paul

8. Default

I agree with George . These changes are a poison pill for me. I might (MAYBE) be able to make the carbine match next year. I can only hope they go back to the old schedule after this big to-do is over.

9. Default

I'll be there right along with the rest of you, melting in July instead of August.

Except, Please God... No early morning Fog this year!