Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was it something I said?

On the 14th I posted a request for any SRS info which might be available on 1898 rifle # 251413. Since then, more than 20 folks have looked at the request, but there has been no response at all. I forgot to say 'please' in the title line (but did in the text) , and I did offer thanks in advance.
    Even the information that there is nothing available from an SRS search would be helpful, and appreciated.
    Again, thanks in advance.

mhb - Mike
    Last edited by mhb; 11-21-2013 at 06:48.
    Sancho! My armor!

Sorry, Mike, nothing even remotely close - that area is kind of a black hole.

As to your request, I guess it was just bad luck; apparently, everyone who looked (but how many of the 20+ have the books?) thought someone else would do it!

For my part, I apologize.

Default Thank you, Dick!

I sorta figured that was the case, and I do appreciate your help.

mhb - Mike
    Sancho! My armor!

I looked at your post Mike. Frankly, I read every post on the Krag thread... I didn't respond because I don't have access to the info. I do look though to see if serial numbers are close to mine (which also don't produce any hits).

Paul

Default Thank you, too, Paul!

I knew that most of the participants in this forum likely did not have access to the SRS records, but also that enough of them do that I was surprised to receive no response in over a week.
    In any case, I did receive the information I wanted, and that is what I find typical of the forum and the folks who participate in it.

mhb - Mike
    Sancho! My armor!

6. Default

Why not just subscribe to SRS?

Default That's a fair question, I guess...

and I think the best answer is that I don't require the sort of information SRS provides often enough to make it worthwhile.
    I have always participated in fora such as this one with the intention of sharing knowledge with others who share my interests, and believe I have contributed a good deal that is useful to various discussions on a number of topics.
    So, I feel it is equitable to ask for information I know others hold, and are equally willing to share.

mhb - Mike
    Sancho! My armor!

For me, the "joy of SRS" died with Frank Mallory - it's just not the same any more.

I agree with Dick on that!
    I just sold my books as I no longer have a use for them. I am very sorry to those who feel otherwise but I never answered such requests, there are dozens of such posts every week, books would have been worn out! I did answer early on when requests were few. By the way two sets of the books sold in a week on this site alone! I had 4 answers to my FS ad. So the books can be had!
    Last edited by dave; 11-22-2013 at 06:51.

My volume one is nearly in tatters - due in no small part, I suppose, to lookups for others, but, people helped me when I was getting started, so, it is what it is.

Fortunately, Frank changed printers after the nearly illegible font, and (ultimately confirmed) shoddy paper/binding of Vol. 1, and the subsequent issues have worn well.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 11-22-2013 at 07:04. Reason: CMA