Default A really bad great find.

This weekend one of the other dealers had a late... I MEAN LATE type 99 Arisaka. At first I thought it had been sanded and had the metal painted black. But, the mum was ground through the black paint and the stock is just crude with an oddly shaped wrist area. Middle band has hammer marks all around and is welded together. Front band is Welded to the barrel as usual on these really late war Type99s. Safety knob is welded together in a blob, bolt numbers are either not there, or not legible. Serial number, series and maker are faint and covered in the black coating. No "TYPE" number on the receiver. Asking price was $200. About the time I got to the price I realized you could just make out the Jensen arsenal stamp. Walked away with it for $170.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Awesome!

I will pair it up with one of my late war Jinsen bayonets with the wood scabbard. I am really starting to get an interest in the late war weapons. With the rifles atleast, you can get a rare rifle for next to nothing because of the poor quality.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.