1. Default Carlson Bros. in WWI

This photo came from an old family photo album and has intrigued me since I was a small child. Often, I have wondered who these five men were. My Uncle Ken has recently made contact with some distant relatives and discovered the answer. They are cousin's of my Great Grandmother. Five of Six brothers served during WWI. They are: L-R back: Robert G Carlson (1892-1922), August Olof Carlson (1886-1949), Seth W. Carlson (1896-1944). L-R Front: Roy W. Carlson (1898-1973) and Harry Ernest Carlson (1894-1959).

T. Sgt. Seth W. Carlson served 26 years in Army service; including WWII, dying in France in 1944.
    His attached obituary states that he was a member of the National Championship Rifle Team FT. George Wright, Spokane, Washington and was stationed in Alaska as an instructor of the rifle at the time Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Can any of you suggest any books or websites that may have information on Match Teams or Competitive events her may have participated?
    He apparently was not married or had any children.
    I wonder if there may be a Match Rifle surviving out there he may have once owned? It would be neat to find it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

Such hunts can consume one's free time, but it sure is fun. You will be discouraged many times before you get what you want. I have spent years looking for one rifle - my grandfather's WWI 03. I even have a picture of it, but you can't read the serial number.

jt

I can just about hit Ft. George Wright with a rock from my house. It has not been an active base since the late 50's, but the area is pretty well preserved as a private girls college. There apparently a small museum that can be toured by appointment, but I never have. I would presume that someone is "in charge" of said museum and perhaps a phone call could determine what kind of records they have. More likely is that whatever records existed were transferred to Fairchild AFB as the smaller bases were consolidated.

http://usforting.com/2010/05/25/fort...ne-washington/
    Last edited by Allen Humphrey; 10-28-2013 at 08:36.