1. Default Interesting Early Rifle

SA Serial 183K, barrel SA 10-06, ELH unboxed cartouche, script P, high wood, no groove/no clip guard. Immaculate case finish, rust colored blue on rear sight base, small grooved knobs, appeared all original. I cannot figure the single rear stock bolt unless the stock was replaced early on. Small s on tip of stock but no rod bayo plug fill. The wood was nearly ding-free, nice finish. No pics unfortunately. Offered at $800 but I had no funds. I may get it later if you all convince me.

PD

Even with the possible question on the stock, I would have probably set my pants on fire in the rush to get my wallet out for a chance to buy a rifle like that for $800!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

3. Default

Stock bolts were at times added at the depot level; it seemed to be a pretty high-priority item as it kept stocks from cracking. I once had a very hard used early '03 that had had both stock bolts added, and none too neatly...it was the only non-original item on the rifle. Like Rick says, I'd do whatever I had to to obtain that rifle...pawn the family silver, sell blood, whatever. It's a hard to find item at any price!

Amen to that brother! Get that rifle. Why do you not have it yet?

If you don't want it, you can get my email address!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

6. Default

I am in touch with him. I told him what he had when I saw it. He said that I had re-affirmed his faith in people. Anyhoo, he is in midst of purchasing a property that I am familiar with. He will need help with his home design and so forth, and said that I can work the rifle off when the time comes. So unless he asks me in the meantime, I am not going to broker the rifle. It really is something-it's just that I do not have a grand to drop whenever I want something. To look at last weekends show, I'd say I have many kinsmen!

PD

Actually, I don't, either ... went on another "rabbit trail" and an Irish SMLE will soon be on it's way to me.
    --C.S. Lewis