Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Amen to that!

2. Default

Well, I have heard that 22LR production is 4 million rounds a day in the US. 4 million = 8000 (500 rd) bricks. Divide that equally by states and you have 160 bricks of 22 LR per day per state.

People hording, more gun owners, and many gun owners switching to 22 LR for training due to reduced costs equals more demand.

Once you think that only 160 people per STATE can buy a brick of 22 LR per day, assuming 100% of production goes towards commercial sales, it's not too hard to see why there has been and still is a shortage. The only thing that is going to bring costs down and put more ammo on the shelves, is for manufactures to increase production capacity or demand to decrease.

3. Default

Many components are re-appearing now. Check out Poly Gun Bags as an example (brass & bullets), stuff there has not been for many moons.

http://www.polygunbag.com/

Art, not all areas of the country are affected by this in the same way. My local dealer is having a hard time selling it and several more powders. I dont think he will ship ammo or powder way to much trouble. All the plated popular fmj pistol bullets you could want and yes on the shelf just waiting for a buyer. Some 22 and as of a few days ago some 17HMR now on the shelf. I believe the shortages of most of this stuff is by the area and in part by the size of the population drawing on the avalable stock. The hunting season also has a finger or two in the picture. The days of the 12 dollar 30-30 or 17 dollar 270 or 30-06 are over about the best you can hope for is 21-25 per box of Remington or Federal 150 grain 06 or other cheap ammo. In your area it might just be a case of "there aint none" at any price. Hang in there it seems to be getting better even here where I live on the edge of the world, I can see the mist from where the world ends and the water falls off into the dark LOL.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

leftyo Guest

4 million a day is what CCI is producing for 22lr a day, not total US production. that does not include what win,fed, and rem produce.

Hmmmmm....I just paid $17 a box of Boxer primed 7.62x54R. The same shop had all the primers you could want. Powder selection was a little thin, but they had a fair amount. Plenty of ammo in just about all of the common calibers.

Wally World Butte MT had 22 Stingers and 22 short HP Remingtons for sale yesterday. The local dealer has some 22 ammo and the Murdochs has a shelf full of ammo but no 22 .243 Win. and very few 30-30 Win ammo. All the primers you want Remington, Winchester and CCI, 17 HMR by the case but Remington went up to 19 dollars per box. At 28 per pound for IMR3031 or H4831 all you want and no one buying. I was looking for a pound of Accurate 1680 and have been for 3 years it's just not out there in my area due to low demand oh well one of these days it will show up. Keep looking it's out there.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH