1. Default Vaver Dial sight Micrometer

Vaver sight micrometer Introduced 1935 Price $15.00

It seems that Vaver was a one-sight-fits-all. The sight-mounting base was made for different types of rifles. The single screw mounting was on the early production of the Vaver later sights came with two screws. If you ever see a large hole set high on the right side of an 03 receiver that means it lost it’s Vaver. You can see how unique it by its frusto-conical spiral lead, single-screw mounting system, Vaver eye cup and adapter kit and 1/4 minute-of-angle click-stop adjustments of elevation and windage.

I would consider it to have been a fairly popular sight judging by the number I have seen.

Gar

2. Default

I have one on a 1935 National Match. it looks very solid.
    Last edited by tbone69; 10-11-2013 at 10:05. Reason: had the wrong year

3. Default

Here's a thread from last year on a Vaver for a Winchester Model 52. http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...rometer-sights

I looked for pictures of a 1903 with one but couldn't find one.

Would anyone have a set of instructions for the Vaver sights? I have a Win 52 with the Vaver sight and I would rather not "reinvent the wheel". I suppose I could figure it out after a fashion but that does not make it right. TIA, George in NH

5. Default

George in NH -

I was able to find three American Rifleman, DOPE BAG articles on the use of the sight: 1) April 1935, Page 44, 2) September 1935, page 43, and 3) July 1936, page 44.

Now for some bad news. My American Rifleman magazines are library bound and too fragile to copy on a copy machine. Maybe somebody here can help you with copies of these articles.

Gary Bush

The one I have on my 52 (top mount, replaces military style folding leaf rear sight, on eary rifles) seems to turn backwards from normal peeps. I have not used it in a few years but I had to fool with it to see how to adjust, I remember. Try to google the sight for instuctions.