Smile Chiappa .22rf M4 Upper?

Hi All,
    Although not closely, I have just seen Chiappa's dedicated M4 style .22rf upper. Anyone had one long enough to comment?? Word about their complete M4 style .22rf carbine is that it is ammo sensitive. TIA. George in NH

I have one and love it, I have it on a composite lower and have not had any functional issues
    only problem was the front sight was on crooked, a little file work fixed that.

Last edited by DRAGONFLYDF; 10-07-2013 at 10:42.

I think ammo sensitivity is common to the rim fire M-4 .22LR types. I have 2 of the CMMG .22's and the only truly reliable rounds I have found are the 1,750 FPS Aquilla Super Max .30gr. hp. Unfortunately they are almost impossible to find. I scored a brick of 500 at Midway... but I was on the waiting list for weeks before they got down to me and then I could only order the 1 brick.

The extra oomph creates enough recoil to operate the bolt. The cheap Federals you can find at Wally world is a PITA and don't work well in the AR .22's

4. Default

I do not understand Red. We have two CMMGs. One with a original barrel. One with a Taccom ULW barrel. Ours function 100% flawlessly on any ammo. Runs both Walmart Federal and Winchester Bulk packs 100%.

Both will run through 50 round BDM Drum Magazines without a hiccup one after another with Fed, Win Bulk and CCI Standards. They will even run the dreaded Remington Golden Bullets. Just had to try them once.

Actually our favorite ammo to shoot is the Standard Velocity CCIs. 1050 FPS is no where close to High Velocity. You have something wrong. If your CMMGs are not running 100% for some reason. You need to send them to CMMG.

I know these CMMGs very well. And what you are saying is completely opposite of what I and many other people know about CMMG dedicated stuff. They are the best thing to come along in a long time in the AR22 world..

They will take care of you if you have problems with yours.. Geez Red you are right near CMMG too. Get over there and they will have you fixed up..

As far as a the Chiappa. Just run as fast as you can. Maybe the one poster that loves his got lucky and it runs at first. He will be cussing soon if he uses it very long. And runs it hard, it will have no chance of survival

OP go over to the AR15 Forum and look in the Rimfire section there. You will learn quickly to avoid the Chiappa. And see all the love for the CMMG stuff from actual hardcore users of CMMG stuff..
    Last edited by carbineone1964; 10-10-2013 at 04:55.