Thread: Muzzle Break

1. Default Muzzle Break

http://www.fototime.com/B9683CFEAE62AFF/standard.jpg

For the past month on Friday mornings I have been posting pictures of Springfield goodies and gadgets from South Texas. Should I continue? If so, what would you like to see?

Occasionally a 1903 Springfield rifle will show up on one the 03 forums with the barrel threaded back to the leading edge of the front sight. The new owner always wants to believe that it was equipped with a Maxim silencer. It is most likely that it had a muzzle break.

Pictured here is a “Herter’s Recoil Eliminator” that sold in the late 1950’s for around $6.00.

Gary Bush

Please keep those pictures coming. Anything associated with the 1903 Springfield and it's various derivations is of interest to most of us.

Mega-dittos...............
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

4. Default

The Herter's catalog was a bible to my brothers and me when we were young. I can remember the ad for that muzzle break, a kid in a coonskin cap shooting an M1 if I remember right. Gary, the stuff you show here makes me keep my eyes open at gun shows and garage sales. I never used to look at this weird little stuff before and now I can't stay away from it.

Blog Entries

What's up with the wire in the pin hole on the front sight base?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

6. Default An "Instant" photograph:)

For those of you who hate to have to "click on" and go to another page

The barrel is only two inches longs and the wire is holding my inventory tag and is not part of the muzzle break.

Gary Bush

I can't see an exit hole in the device you pictured. Is that how it eliminates recoil ??

Keep the gadget pics coming. I like them.

Emri

8. Default

Gary, do you also have any M1903 silencers?

9. Default

NO